Mac video on UNT defensive line

Harry

http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/04/dan-mccarney-talks-about-unts-defensive-line.html/

Really a good video where I think Brett hits on topics that have been major concerns. It sound like Abbe and Lincoln have been the best performers thus far. I wouldn't skip over this one -- it's a good watch!

Did he say "Zero Wallace"? Anybody know the story behind that?

Good input on the D-line. Not tremendously encouraging, but it provides a pretty honest assessment.

He did. Perhaps it has to do with effort and he's championing ol'Calvin to stop being a zero and become a hero.

purely speculation on my part.

Is Boutwell injured? Why didn't Mac mention him when talking about interior D-Line guys he saw (he only mentioned Lincoln & Abbe)?

Yes Boutwell is out. Which is a good thing we can't afford to lose him and we know what he can do.

No. 90 had surgery to repair a dislocated knee cap over Thanksgiving. He has rehabed and is able to go. He is participating in all drills but is held out of the team scrimmage segments.

Edited by DT 90
  • Upvote 6

No. 90 had surgery to repair a dislocated knee cap over Thanksgiving. He has rehabed and is able to go. He is participating in all drills but is held out of the team scrimmage segments.

Sorry I saw him dressed out but not participating in the scrimmage I saw last Wednesday or Saturday. Glad to hear he is ok!

I'm excited to see him play possibly more at defensive end this year. He deserves it since it is his senior year after all.

• Upvote 1

What is your assessment of Wallace. I've been pretty impressed with him...especially since he was so disappointing last fall.

Has to work on mobility and quickness but he has some tools. That first step off the ball is critical at this level and he has to improve that, but he has natural size and is fiery. Two things that can't be taught.

Needs to be more consistent as well. Been known to have good days here and there but also been known to have some complete no shows.

• Upvote 2

Has to work on mobility and quickness but he has some tools. That first step off the ball is critical at this level and he has to improve that, but he has natural size and is fiery. Two things that can't be taught.

Needs to be more consistent as well. Been known to have good days here and there but also been known to have some complete no shows.

We need him for depth. The good news is that he is a redshirt freshman.

• Upvote 1