if reports are correct

dahbeed

Very happy about this. Can we find two schools to replace FIU/FAU?

Very happy about this. Can we find two schools to replace FIU/FAU?

Yes please! Like keeping Tulsa, Tulane, and Houston... Heck at this point I will take SMU so they can finally see we can beat them on a regular basis.

i've argued on h haven it's still a one bid league post-memphis.

that said....the coosa schools tend to at least emphasize hoops unlike a large part the remaining belt schools. not to mention who is being brought on board.

it's bump perception-wise and a bump in hoops. not so sure in football. lateral at best.

that said....the coosa schools tend to at least emphasize hoops unlike a large part the remaining belt schools. not to mention who is being brought on board.

it's bump perception-wise and a bump in hoops. not so sure in football. lateral at best.

Seems like most of the time recently, it was a one bid league WITH Memphis.

Best addition yet. Bringing something to the table other than geography, compromise, or the whimsical prospect of major market presence.

Are u guys getting Bradley next season ? I kinda lost track on that whole ordeal

ESPN reported Saturday that WKU on Monday will announce move to CUSA effective 2014.

Any source or confirmation on Bowling Green?

The front page of the 3/31/2013 Sunday edition of the Bowling Green Daily News reads that WKU will join C-USA in 2015. Article also states that UNC Charlotte is joining in 2015. Source of information was Marshall Univ. official.

Are u guys getting Bradley next season ? I kinda lost track on that whole ordeal

my guess is we've backed off. supposedly after his teammate darius carter.

we're playing a waiting game on ky mr. basketball. he wants to go to uk badly. uk has to kick a few more off to make room so he can wave from the bench while calipari's one year wonders take the floor.

that's the life of western. we offered this kid his junior year. he blows up in the state tourney and all the uk fans want him now. cal doesn't really but is feeling heat over no ky kids.

I just don't like Charlotte or ODU as full members...

I just respectfully disagree - Charlotte is in a great location and has thrown a lot of money into facilities. They are already competitive in basketball. ODU is like an eastern version of UTSA and seems to have great fans support.

My issues aren't with Charlotte and ODU - both were solid adds. My problem is that the league has become eastern heavy and that worries me because it puts the western schools at a voting disadvantage.

I just don't like Charlotte or ODU as full members...

why not?

sadly, i'm sure many of the members say the same thing about north texas. we are in no position to deficate on any other school in cusa...

I just respectfully disagree - Charlotte is in a great location and has thrown a lot of money into facilities. They are already competitive in basketball. ODU is like an eastern version of UTSA and seems to have great fans support.

My issues aren't with Charlotte and ODU - both were solid adds. My problem is that the league has become eastern heavy and that worries me because it puts the western schools at a voting disadvantage.

Well, just have S Miss and UAB in the West, and there you go.

I don't like Charlotte or ODU as full members because they shouldn't go straight up to CUSA from FCS--that is what the SBC is for. They are only here because East Carolina made it clear that they wanted closer schools in the league. They then promptly left, leaving us to hold the bag on two programs that are great for basketball, but not for football. Seriously, I would MUCH rather have ULL and Arky State than those two schools.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

my guess is we've backed off. supposedly after his teammate darius carter.

we're playing a waiting game on ky mr. basketball. he wants to go to uk badly. uk has to kick a few more off to make room so he can wave from the bench while calipari's one year wonders take the floor.

that's the life of western. we offered this kid his junior year. he blows up in the state tourney and all the uk fans want him now. cal doesn't really but is feeling heat over no ky kids.

FWIW Bradley just committed Samford

• Upvote 1