UNT vs UTA (Tonight)

golfingomez

I honestly am more excited to see what the girls are going to do tonight than I am about any remaining games on the Men's schedule, and I have Men's seasons tickets...

it's been a long break since they played Oklahoma and I'm hoping they have kept things rolling in practice over that span...

Let's go Ladies!

I have women's season tickets also. They are ranked 4th in the Sunbelt by RPI, 50th in the nation (I think, I looked yesterday). They play hard, they have worked very hard to be where they are. None will ever play professionally. They are in it for the education. I love to watch them. We need a lot more butts in seats, come and watch once and you will be back. Petersen is a good coach and he has some very good young players, only one senior. Loryn Goodwin is the sister of the Olympic sprinter and football player at UT. She is good, will get better. Laura McCoy can hit a 3 from anywhere, NBA + range. Alexis Hyder, another frosh, scored 60+ in a high school game. She knows what to do when she gets the ball. I think they will play more than one at Hot Springs. If you like basketball, you will like this team.

• Upvote 1

Well, women follow men's lead; and lose to a bad UTA team.

Man, tough loss...that sucks...really sorry to see this. Much better team than they obviously played this evening. Ladies will be OK...Coach Petersen knows what he is doing. This team will be OK, but tough loss tonight. Really tough times for the UNT BB program right now. Time to support this program while the ship gets righted.

• Upvote 1

Strange game, the team had easy shoots all night and missed most of them. They shot bad and got killed on the boards. I hope the UTA game is a fluke not the OU game.

A very disappointing game, NT is a relatively young team but they should not have lost to this UTA team. Stanley played well but missed at least 5 almost uncontested under the basket shots. Hyder and Goodwin are good going to be great players, but are making rookie errors. McCoy had one of her worst games tonight.

A problem playing UTA is that they seem to take it a lot more seriously than NT.

Strange game, the team had easy shoots all night and missed most of them. They shot bad and got killed on the boards. I hope the UTA game is a fluke not the OU game.

A very disappointing game, NT is a relatively young team but they should not have lost to this UTA team. Stanley played well but missed at least 5 almost uncontested under the basket shots. Hyder and Goodwin are good going to be great players, but are making rookie errors. McCoy had one of her worst games tonight.

A problem playing UTA is that they seem to take it a lot more seriously than NT.

The ladies had a great run to start the second half, and I thought they were on the way to a blowout. UTA came back and pulled it out in the last five minutes.

They had good looks at the basket, but the shots did not fall. That includes many missed lay-ups, which is where UTA got the boards. Loryn Goodwin, in particular was awesome on defense, and got several steals.

Living in Flower Mound, I want to see McCoy do well; but she was clearly frustrated last night. She even drew a foul in the first 30 seconds. She fell down on another foul and rejected Hannah Christian's offer to help her up. Near the end, she got into a verbal altercation with a UTA player, which led to a double technical. Petersen then benched her for the rest of the game. That is when UTA pulled away. I think Goodwin was also on the bench most of the last five minutes.

I don't disagree with benching McCoy - she needs to show emotional leadership.

• Upvote 1