tuberville leaves tech

Green Crazy

That could be his dream job but job wise it's a lateral move at best. I still see a bigger name and higher upside program going after Briles at some point.

Briles is not a Tech alumnus. He went to Houston. Besides Briles just signed an extention with Baylor, new stadium on the way, got the program going in the right direction. Why go to Tech???? I don't think he'll move from Waco until Mack Brown finally calls it quits and the big cigars from Austin come callin'

Kingsbury can be Tech's Gundy... Young coach and former QB comes home

Edited by Baby Arm!

Tech is in trouble. They cannot pay for coaches to compete with the upper echleon of the Big XII's powers, nor can they match the cash of TCU or Baylor. Their Athletic Department is probably the worst in the AQs for the big three sports. They have now seen their FB coach leave, their BB coach leave, and they replaced their baseball coach last year after he sucked. Seriously, they are in deep trouble. If they hire Kliff Kingsbury now, who has no head coaching experience and would be leaving behind a great job as the OC at A&M right now with Sumlin and Johnny Football, I suspect that will tell us alot about Tech's appeal. One thing they do have going for them is that they didn't have to pay Tuberville anything as he left Lubbock, so that will help. But there are already rumors out there that Kingsbury is a Leach-guy and won't go there as long as Hance is the President. Wouldn't surprise me to see them go hard after Dana Holgorsen at WVU if they can afford it.

Briles is not a Tech alumnus. He went to Houston. Besides Briles just signed an extention with Baylor, new stadium on the way, got the program going in the right direction. Why go to Tech???? I don't think he'll move from Waco until Mack Brown finally calls it quits and the big cigars from Austin come callin'

Briles began his playing career at UH but transferred to Tech and finished there with his degree, so he is a Tech alum. I somewhat doubt he'd leave Baylor for the Tech job though.

he is a tech alum, he got his bachelors from there.

as far as being a lateral transfer at best, i think it is a baby step up and a lateral move at worse. tech has been highly ranked a few times and was a win away from possibly being in the national championship game back in 2008. i don't think baylor has been ranked in the top 10 even with the best player in the country in a while (not sure about the beginning of last year). baylor's new stadium is the one advantage i see for them. i think briles would be able to pull better recruits into tech, even though the players that have come out of baylor the last 2-3 years have been really good. he could get better talent at tech than leach did in his tenure. this is just my opinion though and i can see why some might see it as a lateral or lower move, given the state of tech's team the two previous years to this one.

i also think he'll have better schools knocking on his doors and might consider them, but will stay in texas, somewhere.

Edited by Green Crazy