Louisiana Tech passes on going to bowl?

cl_1_2008

I hope La. Tech sits home. They actually could have made money playing in the Independence Bowl. But because they hate ULM so much they are going to cost the program exposure and their conference money.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

No worries man. We're all black friends.

My main man was Herman Cain (even over Rick Perry) but he didn't make it to the finish line.

GMG!

PS: La Tech will now have more pure recruiting time and probably with all the players

they are losing wanted the extra time that a bowl game "might" have taken away?

Hell, I think I would have still taken the bowl game if I were the Dawgs.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

A post from the La.Tech board. This guy is not happy.

The IBowl gave us an offer and we spat in their faces and told them that we were to good for them. Then when we come crawling back to them and ask for them to take us and they say no thanks... You idiots thing it is THEIR FAULT. God you people are morons. I am a Tech alum and this has just reaffirmed my belief that this school is run by too many arrogant pricks and too many arrogant alums. We have the first back to back winning seasons in a decade and somehow now we are TOO GOOD to play a bowl game. Hope your happy while your arrogant a**es sits at home. Im going to go watch ULM play in the Ibowl even though I have no ties to them.

• Upvote 3

It wouldn't suprise me in the least if the players had a say in the decision. If that's the case, I don't feel sorry for any of them.

This was a AD & HC decision. Dykes probably wanted the time to interview for other opportunities & their AD has been vocal about his dislike of ULM

Players Are upset

• Upvote 3

Karl Malone comments on Twitter:

Karl Malone@TheDeliverer_32

I am Bulldog to the core, I am heart broken and embarrassed that our university would do this to Tech Nation. To our football and staff this

Karl Malone@TheDeliverer_32

Wouldn't it be nice to hire a person doing it for university, and not somebody doing it for a bigger and better job in their mind?

What a bunch of dumb shits turning down a bowl game. Let me guess they thought they would get a crack at Notre Dame. Memo to La Tech " You Suck" big time. So moving on how many of you UNT fans are coming to SA for the show down with UTSA? Come and tailgate with us. should be fun. No there won't be any KFC chicken. lol.

• Upvote 1