Here We Go Again

GangGreen

What will happen is Tulsa and UTEP will bail...thereby making the new C-USA look a whole lot like the old Sun Belt.

Great job, Banowsky. I can see why people admire the leadership qualities of this guy.

What stealth! To almost completely steal one conference and put it in his own, while losing the best members of it! Genius!

Well...at least we'll be familiar with our foes.

Who is our rival, again, in the C-USun Belt?

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

I apologize if I posted false info. The way this has been going, I'm probably just trigger happy.

No buddy - I'm glad you posted it as quickly as you did -- was not meaning to direct that at you at all

it's just everyone seems to be running with this one and there isn't any McMurphy or ESPN etc confirmation....Also it just strikes me as odd that NMSU would be involved in this frankly. To my understanding they were passed over by the Belt. WKU makes 100% sense.

Once all is done it may be said that we really never left the Sun Belt.

The MWC is our last chance to become exclusive & remove ourselves from what could eventually look

like a way too heavily based bunch of Texas schools that could look like a combo Lone Star Conference/Southland Conference.

Sorta' like the USA which is now being told from some quarters that we are no longer an exceptional nation. Look how

many have dummied down to believing that as our Founding Fathers continue to turn cylinders in their graves wondering what

the hell happened to the Republic which most of whom left England to establish.

So now we all just lay back enjoying the inevitable while some try to spin all this as good?

Yet when you spend 30 years fiddle-fartin' your athletic program away with mediocre leadership who've juked & jived

our "always believing" UNT alumnus body (of which I plead guilty to that, too) with how great a job they are doing and all that coupled

with non-stop ridiculous hires who stay much too long what more could we really expect for our alma mater?

In our last 30 plus years we should have spent more time hiring difference-makers while our school moved up

the NCAA totem pole. Also establishing ourselves with a plan to advance just like many of our former

Mo' Valley mates did beginning with Houston, Louisville, Memphis, Tulsa, Cincinatti, etc, etc, etc.

Now as I read this board some are on the cusp of wondering how badly UTSA might beat us on the football field

first time we meet as we already wave our white flags toward the Road Runner Nation conceeding the home stadium turnstiles battle. How long can all this possibly continue in Denton and how long will we accept this as the continued business as usual "normal" at UNT?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Once all is done it may be said that we really never left the Sun Belt.

The MWC is our last chance to become exclusive & remove ourselves from what could eventually look

like a way too heavily based bunch of Texas schools that could look like a combo Lone Star Conference/Southland Conference.

Sorta' like the USA which is now being told from some quarters that we are no longer an exceptional nation. Look how

many have dummied down to believing that as our Founding Fathers continue to turn cylinders in their graves wondering what

the hell happened to the Republic which most of whom left England to establish.

So now we all just lay back enjoying the inevitable while some try to spin all this as good?

Yet when you spend 30 years fiddle-fartin' your athletic program away with mediocre leadership who've juked & jived

our "always believing" UNT alumnus body (of which I plead guilty to that, too) with how great a job they are doing and all that coupled

with non-stop ridiculous hires who stay much too long what more could we really expect for our alma mater?

In our last 30 plus years we should have spent more time hiring difference-makers while our school moved up

the NCAA totem pole. Also establishing ourselves with a plan to advance just like many of our former

Mo' Valley mates did beginning with Houston, Louisville, Memphis, Tulsa, Cincinatti, etc, etc, etc.

Now as I read this board some are on the cusp of wondering how badly UTSA might beat us on the football field

first time we meet as we already wave our white flags toward the Road Runner Nation conceeding the home stadium turnstiles battle. How long can all this possibly continue in Denton and how long will we accept this as the continued business as usual "normal" at UNT?

GMG!

Never thought I would say this and I have blisters on my fingers typing this, but it may be time to look to the west

• Upvote 1