Recruit number

mean green d

Do we not have an unusually low number of recruits committed at this time? Seems we generally are a little further along at this time. It has been very quite lately. Wish we had a few more defensive recruits on board as well. Your thoughts?

GMG

Edited by mean green d

We had 9 commits this time last year. With the Hunter Siddons offer pull(don't really like this, but maybe this is done more than we think), we are at 9 commits now. Obviously, we are exactly the same as we were last year.

I think last year's recruiting class is the only one comparable since it was this coaching staff's full year to recruit.

I think things will end up alright, but then again, I thought we'd be fine every year for the last 5 years....

It is definitely time to start watching the recruiting game now that the quest for a bowl is done. And of course there is basketball..

As always, we need DT's and DE's and maybe a WR that can run a 4.1 and catch the ball. just like every other year.

Sorry, looking it up, it appears we have 10 commits...

Edited by SHOSS

I don't like the pulling of Siddon's offer either, but if a concussion kept him out all year, then there could be concern that this would happen again and could potentially end his career. My guess is that DMac doesn't believe the program is in a position to offer under these conditions.

• Upvote 2

I don't like the pulling of Siddon's offer either, but if a concussion kept him out all year, then there could be concern that this would happen again and could potentially end his career. My guess is that DMac doesn't believe the program is in a position to offer under these conditions.

A perfectly understandable and yet regrettable situation. I think the Boone Feldt situation has opened his eyes to this scenario where he has to more strongly consider offering someone who has been injury prone and/or on IR for their senior year.