Alumni Pavilion & Homecoming

KRAM1

Just an FYI...The UNT Alumni Pavilion at Apogee is open to all ...members and non-members alike this Saturday for Homecoming...no admission fee for non-members!

There is a homecoming cake contest that will be going on in the Pavilion as well as the "normal" game day "stuff"...food, drink, etc.

Cakes are set to be judged at 1:30PM...some really neat cakes in last year's event, and I suspect there will be as well this year...all themed, of course.

If you have not stopped by the Alumni pavilion before now...well, here is your chance. It's also a good and convenient opportunity to join the Alumni Association or to renew your membership.

HAPPY HOMECOMING...Be There...it's going to be a great Saturday with the Mean Green Nation!

• Upvote 4

ALSO!

Rob and I worked today to set the Pavilion to an "open patio" set-up for tomorrow evening's bonfire.

One wall of the patio fencing will be removed, the bathroom side exterior door will be open, and essentially you can have the highest, and in my opinion, best seat to watch the magnificent structure the Talons built this week go up in flames.

That was very poor sentence structure...

...but nonetheless come see us at the Pavilion both tomorrow evening AND Saturday! I myself will be over as soon as I'm done singing across the highway in Winspear.

Just an FYI...The UNT Alumni Pavilion at Apogee is open to all ...members and non-members alike this Saturday for Homecoming...no admission fee for non-members!

There is a homecoming cake contest that will be going on in the Pavilion as well as the "normal" game day "stuff"...food, drink, etc.

Cakes are set to be judged at 1:30PM...some really neat cakes in last year's event, and I suspect there will be as well this year...all themed, of course.

If you have not stopped by the Alumni pavilion before now...well, here is your chance. It's also a good and convenient opportunity to join the Alumni Association or to renew your membership.

HAPPY HOMECOMING...Be There...it's going to be a great Saturday with the Mean Green Nation!

I will be there with about 6 or 7 friends for a small reunion. We all haven't been back for at least 4 years. I'm glad I made the pavilion our meeting place.

Edited by SAGreenFan

I will be there with about 6 or 7 friends for a small reunion. We all haven't been back for at least 4 years. I'm glad I made the pavilion our meeting place.

I'm glad you did as well...you will like it! Welcome "HOME".

ALSO!

Rob and I worked today to set the Pavilion to an "open patio" set-up for tomorrow evening's bonfire.

One wall of the patio fencing will be removed, the bathroom side exterior door will be open, and essentially you can have the highest, and in my opinion, best seat to watch the magnificent structure the Talons built this week go up in flames.

That was very poor sentence structure...

...but nonetheless come see us at the Pavilion both tomorrow evening AND Saturday! I myself will be over as soon as I'm done singing across the highway in Winspear.

Great! My wife & I will be there. Will there be beer? If not, can we bring beer?

By the way...KUDOS to the Alumni Association staffers who are taking their time to set up the Pavilion early to allow folks to stop by and enjoy the bonfire from the facility.

This is really a great move on the part of the Alumni Association and its VERY limited staff. Tell them thanks when you see them...and if you are not a current Alumni Association member...join....please and thank you.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1

Great! My wife & I will be there. Will there be beer? If not, can we bring beer?

I'm not positive, but I think so. Although, since the patio is not completely quartered off.... actually not sure.

By the way...KUDOS to the Alumni Association staffers who are taking their time to set up the Pavilion early to allow folks to stop by and enjoy the bonfire from the facility.

This is really a great move on the part of the Alumni Association and its VERY limited staff. Tell them thanks when you see them...and if you are not a current Alumni Association member...join....please and thank you.

Hey thanks!

What time will the pavillion open before the game?

It opens x hours before kick off, but I don't remember what it was.

We're typically open the three-four hours before kickoff.

What time will the pavillion open before the game?

It opens x hours before kick off, but I don't remember what it was.

Well, I know there is a cake decorating contest that will be judged at the Pavilion Saturday...I am a judge...they are asking me to be there by about 1PM...so, I am thinking it will be open by 1PM at least...come on down!!!!