Next Week brings hope

Travis Scott

Next week Arky state comes to town. We play pretty well at home at Apogee. 4-2 last season and 2-1 so far this year. We have a chance to win. Obviously we have to play better than today but it's possible. Plus, we get to tailgate again.

We could actually win back to back in the next 2 weeks with both of them being home games. Tonight's game really hurt all of us as fans, but not compared to how the team feels. I believe they will bounce back and play solid at home next Saturday. Hope to see you there ready to do our part to help get another win at Apogee.

• Upvote 3

Ark St does offer a chance for UNT to pick up a win and then even the week after against USA. Conf champions maybe realistically gone, but there is still mathematically possible along with a bowl bid. Can you tell I have been watching the Cowboys most of my life?

I do have to say, Ark St has a def end, that have to say I am glad Connor is redshirted. He will play on our right side and have seen few defensive players that use their hands as well.

Tell me one other school in Texas that puts BB first and I'll show you a school that has no respect. FB drives the bus in Texas the rest are just hitching a ride!!!!

Never quite understood this. There is absolutely no reason a school in Texas can't be a basketball first or basketball known school. We also need to keep in mind the strides this state has taken in basketball conscious the last couple of decades with the overall success of the Spurs, Rockets and now Mavs. With the way things are going it wouldn't surprise me if we sort of became a basketball first school with notoriety nationwide.

I've always thought UTEP was more basketball heavy than football. And no other school has put BB first because for the most part most of them have had a pretty long and even decent football history so that's why it's never happened. Times change tho and if we become a basketball school first and have the kind of success a great BB program can have then it will be just as significant or good as football success.

• Upvote 2

Tell me one other school in Texas that puts BB first and I'll show you a school that has no respect. FB drives the bus in Texas the rest are just hitching a ride!!!!

So CITY NAME + Mean AND/OR Green = angry, emotional posts that make me laugh after losses always?

I love math.

Ark St does offer a chance for UNT to pick up a win and then even the week after against USA. Conf champions maybe realistically gone, but there is still mathematically possible along with a bowl bid. Can you tell I have been watching the Cowboys most of my life?

I do have to say, Ark St has a def end, that have to say I am glad Connor is redshirted. He will play on our right side and have seen few defensive players that use their hands as well.

Starson, the d-end I believe you are referring to, came to their campus at about 215 and with no other offers. Since then he has gained what looks like about 40 lbs and is looking like a potential NFL prospect.

Not everyone turns out like this but this is one of the reasons I am ecstatic about all the players we are redshirting. Having five years at a program can do wonders for a player's development.

Every fan for any other team in every other conference looks at a Sun Belt school as a win on their schedule. Sometimes that doesn't work out so well for them, but the menatlity is there. I have to say my brain's in the same place. Any time we lose a Sun Belt game it's incredibly disappointing. We should beat them all. Every time.

Are we going to be a big time program some day, or not?

• Upvote 4