Stadium & Beer

UNTexas

SHORT ANSWER...YES...beer will be sold at Apogee in the near future.

The problem with not selling on the student side is owing to the fact that that is where the visiting team fans sit. At LaLa they sell beer on both sides...have not witnessed a problem there...other stadiums sell on both sides as well. I would opt for at least one beer stand down on the student side near the visiting team area. The folks selling the beer can certainly ID folks. And, all beer sales will stop no later than the end of the 3rd quarter.

Beer is not the problem...it's the fools drinking too much of "God's golden beverage"....remember, guns don't kill...people do! Or...something like that! Moderation, folks, moderation...Hmmmmmmm, such a simple concept, so hard to follow!

• Upvote 2

I thought it was some NCAA rule that you could't sell beer in a stadium and have beer at on-site tailgates.

If that's not the case and schools are allowed to sell beer now, then why aren't we doing it currently? And secondly why haven't we fired the person who over looked such a revenue stream?

• Downvote 1

The NCAA discourages beer sales, but the only rule is no beer art NCAA sponsored post season events (hence beer at bowl games). I think there may also be some exception for the final four.

I spent my entire college career drinking beer in the stands and encountered a bit of a culture shock the first time I attended an event in Texas.

No NCAA rule against selling beer...we have been over that numerous times. The NCAA does not condone nor discourage the sale of beer....it is up to the individual college. Many schools sell beer inside their stadiums without any problem at all.

Love how some folks like Shaft always want to call for someone to be fired. The stupidity that this demonstrates is beyond belief.

Lots of issues and hurdles to cross in getting this going at Apogee. It is "in the works" and we will all be able to enjoy God's golden nectar inside Apogee soon. Patience folks ... patience.

• Upvote 1

SHORT ANSWER...YES...beer will be sold at Apogee in the near future.

The problem with not selling on the student side is owing to the fact that that is where the visiting team fans sit. At LaLa they sell beer on both sides...have not witnessed a problem there...other stadiums sell on both sides as well. I would opt for at least one beer stand down on the student side near the visiting team area. The folks selling the beer can certainly ID folks. And, all beer sales will stop no later than the end of the 3rd quarter.

Yeah, they also sell frozen drinks (real frozen drinks, not frozen wine coolers) out of drive thru windows at their Liquor stores.

I heard beer will be sold on the alumni side of Apogee next year, but will not be allowed to be brought over to the student side.

That would probably make sense.

When I was sitting in the student section of The Rob during the Texas State game students would bring beer up the student section and hand it to whomever. There was no enforcement of who the beer was handed to and it could be handed off to any one with out any immediate repercussions.