TXST correct acronym for Texas State

Boko Dweller

And if I don't go away? Is a TCU vs UNT debate going to start? -_-

With all due respect, Little Houston Boy came on here talking smack, then someone out of nowhere posts something about the correct acronym for Texas State University at San Marcos and now you've jumped in from the town of the cow. Do you really expect us to agree and just move along? Guess I'll head over to Frogs.com, or whatever your site is, and talk about the correct names for North Texas and rehab. Bet that would go over like a turd in a punch bowl.

Especially from a kid who went to school at UNT, may or may not have attempted to walked on the team, didn't cut in Denton for whatever reason, has briefly gone to another school, talks endless nonsense, and people here argue with the douche. Clearly he has no life or he wouldn't be trolling.

I agree that no one here should bash other schools. Texas State has good looking girls.

Got the Hippie reference. We have a few of those. I have a lot of respect for your school but won't welcome passive aggressive cheap shots. People will just sling mud because we do watch the news. So just stop.

The bolded part doesn't bother me. We can win with him and we can win without him, but I assume that is a threat. TCU and UNT are nowhere in the same league with each other and I will leave it at that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The bolded part doesn't bother me. We can win with him and we can win without him, but I assume that is a threat. TCU and UNT are nowhere in the same league with each other and I will leave it at that.

Threat? No, asking you to avoid the verbal diarrhea you are trying to insight. I wasn't talking about football. You claim people are looking down noses when you clearly are. Passive aggressive references as well. Yes Captain Obvious, you guys have a better football team.

Football aside is what you missed. People will bash your school for its hypocrisy. One players DUI is a shame. Hardly newsworthy in my opinion. The drug trafficking organization ingrained into the highest visibility section of the University is, well, criminal. Criminal conspiracy anyway. Especially, awful and hypocritical for a Christian School.

Unlike you I won't look down my nose at anyone or laugh at the punchline of a dope dealing football team at a Christian University. Unless it's jokingly told. That is what I wanted to avoid. You shouldn't come here with the holier than thou superiority nonsense when you carry a small stick. I'll take our hippies. Just sayin...

I like and respect your school, regardless of a few bad apples, or you on a soap box. Some of my friends went there and we joke back and forth about the same ole nonsense. The recent ammo is funny over beers. However, you are delusional to think you can come on this board and anyone is going to have a discussion as you lecture from the cheap seats. Even more laughable is you are the one spending your time on our board.

Additionally, I'll take my school, we are in a different league and we can leave it at that.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 2

Tcu can kiss my a$$. Go away and work on the drug problem. Funny u call us hippies but whose team recently got busted with drugs? And lastly did we go on to ur board? so dont be stunned when I insult u.

There are more druggies at UNT than TCU. I remember over 30 players being suspended and/or kicked off of UNT's team about 7-8 years ago. You don't want to start a TCU vs UNT argument. That would be too easy for me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There are more druggies at UNT than TCU. I remember over 30 players being suspended and/or kicked off of UNT's team about 7-8 years ago. You don't want to start a TCU vs UNT argument. That would be too easy for me.

It was 4 years ago and I'm pretty sure no one was kicked off. Also, I would hardly call someone who smokes pot a "druggie". How much pot have you smoked lately? Your memory is kind of fuzzy.

There probably are more total drug users at UNT than TCU, UNT is also about 4-5 times the size of TCU. No UNT players were kicked off the team and there also was not a drug ring within the football team. Perhaps you should go ask for a refund from that severely overpriced "education" you have.

Edited by glick1980

There probably are more total drug users at UNT than TCU, UNT is also about 4-5 times the size of TCU. No UNT players were kicked off the team and there also was not a drug ring within the football team. Perhaps you should go ask for a refund from that severely overpriced "education" you have.

"Education"? Don't make me laugh, UNT is a complete joke. You honestly think the glorified community college in Denton is better than a degree from TCU? Sure, music but if I want a real degree, I wouldn't get one from UNT. You have no in-state rivalries, nobody wanted you in the SWC, nobody wanted you in C-USA while we, SMUt and Houston were there. People in Texas barely even want to play you and when they do, it's because they need a tune-up game. You finally get into C-USA and it's after we all go to better conferences.

Go on any other Texas school's board and do some UNT chest-thumping, everybody will laugh. Hell, I'll even draw out the tiers in respectability among Texas schools.

TU

Aggy

Tech

TCU

Baylor

Houston

SMUt

UTSA

Rice (They sure as hell would be invited to the Big XII before UNT is even considered)

UTEP

Texas State

UNT

SFA

Sam Houston

Lamar

Of course, you guys would not do that because you honestly have nothing to brag about. Someday you guys will learn that you have to earn your respect instead of expecting it to be given to you.

Edited by FroggyStyle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"Education"? Don't make me laugh, UNT is a complete joke. You honestly think the glorified community college in Denton is better than a degree from TCU? Sure, music but if I want a real degree, I wouldn't get one from UNT. You have no in-state rivalries, nobody wanted you in the SWC, nobody wanted you in C-USA while we, SMUt and Houston were there. People in Texas barely even want to play you and when they do, it's because they need a tune-up game. You finally get into C-USA and it's after we all go to better conferences.

Go on any other Texas school's board and do some UNT chest-thumping, everybody will laugh. Hell, I'll even draw out the tiers in respectability among Texas schools.

TU

Aggy

Tech

TCU

Baylor

Houston

SMUt

UTSA

Rice (They sure as hell would be invited to the Big XII before UNT is even considered)

UTEP

Texas State

UNT

SFA

Sam Houston

Lamar

Of course, you guys would not do that because you honestly have nothing to brag about. Someday you guys will learn that you have to earn your respect instead of expecting it to be given to you.

Last time I stepped on a horned frog it went...........SQUISH! Blood and guts went everywhere, especially on my, uh, Nikes. :hair:

UNT is doing just fine, Froggy Boy. And just how is that "TCU System" coming along of late? Have you been on Camp Bowie Blvd/ lately and checked out our UNT Health Science Center? Its more than just impressive and even a TCU alum would probably "privately" admit that when no one was watching.

http://untsystem.edu/

Many of us did a Joe Biden'esque type of laugh when it took TCU only 2 weeks after our UNT BOR"s announcement that our new football palace would be built for your school (who I suppose couldn't stand the limelight UNT was getting with its new stadium announcement) to announce TCU's stadium would be re-built all over again.

Nice, TCU, real........real...........nice. :goodjob:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Seriously? Why do people enjoy going to other boards and talking down to their fans? What enjoyment do you get out of that? Blah blah blah, TCU degree, blah blah. I work at a Fortune 500 company that promotes people based on their performance, not which school they attended. And yes, even TCU students get passed over for people from "inferior" schools. Kindly move along.

No DUH! I've already tried to tell you that. But you LIED and did not "leave it at that". Remember, TCU falls into the "other universities" category. Sorry for your problems in the bedroom bro.

TCU is a joke. If I wanted to get raped for college tuition, I would've went to Rice, at least there I wouldn't graduate overeducated and underemployed. You know what was cute? All the whining that occurred the year y'all went to the Rose Bowl. The fact of the matter is, you will be a bottom dweller in the Big 12 for years. It just shows how pathetic you are that you're on here anyway. Keep ragging on UNT's football, it's amusing to see that you have no one else to rip on because you suck so royally since you got into a conference you aren't prepared for. LMAO. What a chump.

The fact of the matter is that you can move up, but you're still second fiddle to UT, A&M, hell, even Baylor now, among the "others" (containing us).

Edited by meangreener

TU

Aggy

Tech

TCU

Baylor

Houston

SMUt

UTSA

UTEP

Texas State

UNT

SFA

Sam Houston

Lamar

Yes I do, because for one the value of a degree from TCU is not anywhere in the realm of its cost. My fields are public admin and accounting, UNT is a top 10 program nationally in public admin and also has a great accounting program. I have worked with accountants that graduated from TCU before and they told me as long as daddy will pay the tuition you can fail as many classes as you want. At UNT if you get a D or lower in two accounting classes you are out of the program. Does TCU have a good football team sure. Is the team a bunch of drug dealers and users, you bet. Who cares, you still are getting ripped off by them, and you too dumb to notice.