Sandusky Sentenced

30 - 60 years.

And calls the victims and their families liars. Where would he ever get the forum to make such an outlandish claim?

The university controlled Penn St. radio station.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--jerry-sandusky-sentenced-to-30-to-60-years-in-prison-on-45-counts-of-child-molestation.html

"Sandusky released an audio statement via a Penn State radio station Monday that promised a continued legal battle as he blasted what he believed were opportunistic and lying accusers and a conspiracy between overzealous police and the media to railroad him."

I don't know why any parent would consider sending their child to this institution.

Here is hoping that school and community reap what they sew.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I know of criminals who have affected fewer people than Sandusky did, and even some who have admitted what they did rather than call their accusers liars, who have gotten harsher, longer sentences. It just isn't right.

He will be in prison the rest of his life, but it would have been nice for the judge to send a message. The decision will be appealed, and maybe the judge was leary of a huge sentence being an issue on appeal.

Nice of the official radio station of Penn St. to give Sandusky a forum free of any questioning to call his victims liars and frauds. If anyone thinks one thing has changed about the culture of that university, they are sadly mistaken.

He'll somehow find a way to kill himself at some point I bet.

I'm not entirely sure of that, if he and his wife are denying and decrying. I haven't read the text of whatever it was that he said and don't plan to, but if he's calling his accusers a buncha liars, you know... denial... Egypt...

And yeah, 90, you might be correct about the judge being careful so as not to risk a long sentence being an issue on appeal. I know about that aspect of it, but don't always think about it until later.

Edited by RushnStudies

Another thing to keep in mind with the sentencing - Sandusky was labeled a dangerous pedophile so even if he were to get out, he would always have to register with tge state, and would have plenty of restrictions. Not that it's better than the guy getting 60 years, but it is another aspect of his sentence.

• Upvote 1

Definitely not an alum of PSU. Just tired of hearing about this.

Then quit responding to the thread. Or better yet, don't open the link. Nobody is forcing you to open the thread.

The best option is to drop a bunch of F-bombs in a post, get suspended then you won't have to worry about it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm glad to hear this. So much attention is given to Sandusky I was worried some of the "I had no idea" muckity mucks may skate...doesn't appear that is the case.

Don't look for anything more than probation to come out of these charges.

Perjury is vey hard to prove. Spanier will just claim loss of memory about the details of events and how he is a very busy and important person. As a 1st offender with no criminal history, the obstruction charge (probably a very low level felony, if a felony at all in PA) will be probated.

Oh, and to correct 03's initial post, they are announcing charges against Spanier, which means a grand jury indictment was probably just returned. There is a long way to go to trial or a plea deal for probation.

• Upvote 1