Can Mac bring in a 4* HS kid?

greenminer

At this point, I would be a lot more concerned with not having any rival three stars committed. The three star rating is given out much more freely than in the past, yet NT has yet to get one.

To move the program up at some point, NT is going to have to beat out peer programs for recruits. I would like to get a few signings by players not referred to as diamonds in the rough, steals or other such verbiage indicating that the recruit was not highly sought.

At this point, I would be a lot more concerned with not having any rival three stars committed. The three star rating is given out much more freely than in the past, yet NT has yet to get one.

To move the program up at some point, NT is going to have to beat out peer programs for recruits. I would like to get a few signings by players not referred to as diamonds in the rough, steals or other such verbiage indicating that the recruit was not highly sought.

The 3* Rating IS handed out more often now than in the past HOWEVER... we have two 3* commits this year. You are only focused on Rivals when you make statements like we have zero.

Hunter Siddons is a ESPN 3* http://espn.go.com/c...249/north-texas

Sed Ellis is a Scout 3* http://recruiting.sc...nid=756&yr=2013

both of these sites are typically harder to acquire a 3* rating than Rivals is as well.

ULL just won a bowl game and is breaking their own attendance records and yet they have not one 3* on Rivals yet either.

The 3* Rating IS handed out more often now than in the past HOWEVER... we have two 3* commits this year. You are only focused on Rivals when you make statements like we have zero.

Hunter Siddons is a ESPN 3* http://espn.go.com/c...249/north-texas

Sed Ellis is a Scout 3* http://recruiting.sc...nid=756&yr=2013

both of these sites are typically harder to acquire a 3* rating than Rivals is as well.

ULL just won a bowl game and is breaking their own attendance records and yet they have not one 3* on Rivals yet either.

Did I not say rivals? By the way I am not sure how you can make valid comparisons based on all the services 3 star ratings unless you want to track every team through 3 or 4 services. Even assuming NT has two threes that doesn't compare well with Tulsa, Rice, ECU and others.

The facts are despite a great new stadium and a new conference, NT has not significantly upped their recruiting at this point. Now there are many who will disagree no matter who NT has signed. You know ratings mean nothing, the coaches know better, etc. and cite countless examples of low rated recruits who turn out to be stars and highly rated ones that do not.

Ignore the fact that primarily ratings are based on who is recruiting who, more than any other factor. These agencies such as Rival and Scout don't, as they would like you to believe, spend hours reviewing players to achieve a rating. Why should they? They can tap in to people whose jobs depend on finding good players. They know if a power team is interested, the player must have a lot of potential. They know if multiple lower tier teams are interested, then the prospect has shown more than a player with single team interest. It's not perfect, but it at least produces a logical rating system.

I think recruiting is slowly improving but it is not close to where it needs to be, and every NT football coach knows this.