How To Stop A Massacre

Changing the words but attributing is someone else is bearing false witness... ( RICK is doing that ) It appears that I said things I did not say..and not even close. If you want to say it ... go ahead but don't use the the name of the original post person above the post ... Say it completely yourself. Yes I see the below comment but it still uses another persons name.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Changing the words but attributing is someone else is bearing false witness... ( RICK is doing that ) It appears that I said things I did not say..and not even close. If you want to say it ... go ahead but don't use the the name of the original post person above the post ... Say it completely yourself. Yes I see the below comment but it still uses another persons name.

Dude, I was jacking with you, and everyone knows it.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

Have you been kicked out of the house? My couch is full.

Rick

Whatsoever you do to the least of my people....

SE66 was right about you. Let's just stick to guns, heartbreaker.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

http://kfor.com/2014/09/25/reports-police-respond-to-possible-shooting-near-moore-grocery-store/

Sherriff John Whetsel, Oklahoma County Sherriff Dept...

Today, my thoughts and prayers are with family and friends of the innocent victim who was murdered and the second innocent victim who was injured in violent knife attacks at Vaughan Foods in Moore, Oklahoma on September 25, 2014.

These were heinous criminal acts that were ended by the quick response of Oklahoma County Reserve Deputy Sheriff Mark Vaughan. I am extremely proud of the actions of Deputy Vaughan and I am convinced those actions saved the lives of several other employees. Mr. Vaughan, who serves as CEO of Vaughan Foods, was at work and when he was alerted that a man was attacking employees with a knife, Mark didnt hesitate. He quickly responded.

Mark put an end to the threat by shooting the suspect and saving the life of a second victim who was being actively attacked by the suspect. There is every reason to believe that the lives of untold others were saved who would have been targeted by the suspect if it hadnt been for Deputy Vaughans actions.

Mark Vaughan has been with the Oklahoma County Sheriffs Office since June 2010. During that time he has completed the 10-month Reserve Deputy Basic Academy as well as other extensive law enforcement training. Mark is currently assigned to the Patrol Division, is a member of the FAST Team (Fast Action Support Team) and is a highly trained member of the Tactical Team.

Reserve Deputies serve a very important role in the ability of the Oklahoma County Sheriffs Office to provide law enforcement services and protection to the citizens of Oklahoma County. Reserve Deputies are citizens who attended rigorous law enforcement training and volunteer their time to serve.

Mark Vaughan is an example of just how significant these men and women are to our citizens. Yesterday lives were saved and a criminal threat ended by the quick and unselfish response of Mark Vaughan.

Only one word can express my feelings of the actions of Reserve Deputy Mark Vaughan. Without regard to himself or his safety, yesterday Mark Vaughan became a HERO while doing the job he was sworn to do- protecting others.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• 4 months later...

"Customer Kills Gunman Who Fired into Houston-Area Restaurant"

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Customer-Kills-Gunman-Who-Fired-into-Houston-Area-Restaurant-290548051.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DFWBrand

A law enforcement investigator dining at a Houston-area restaurant has fatally shot a gunman who opened fire at the eatery.

The Harris County Sheriff's Office says the investigator escaped harm Sunday night.

Gunman Fatally Shot by Harris Co. Deputy

Authorities say two people were involved in an argument inside the restaurant at a strip mall. A man walked outside to his vehicle, retrieved a handgun and fired several times through the glass front door.

An investigator with the Harris County Attorney's Office who a customer witnessed the shooting, pulled his service weapon and returned fire, striking the suspect. The gunman died at the scene.

The name of the man who died wasn't immediately released.

Authorities are trying to determine what led to the original disturbance.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• 3 months later...

Again,...I believe this was Pistol vs Rifles?,...truly an amazingly heroic effort and accurate shooting by this police officer in Garland that saved no telling how many lives.

ABC: "Cop Who Took Down Garland Gunmen 'Saved Lives,' Police Say ".

http://abcnews.go.com/US/garland-shooting-hero-cop-credited-taking-gunmen/story?id=30789199

The officer who returned fire at two men who shot assault rifles outside an event displaying cartoons of the Prophet Mohammad "probably saved lives," according to authorities.

Security at Sunday's event in Garland, Texas, included uniformed officers, SWAT teams, FBI and ATF, according to Joe Harn of the Garland Police, when two men pulled up in a dark-colored car.

The men exited and -- both armed with assault rifles -- started firing at a parked police car, Harn said.

An officer -- who typically works as a traffic cop -- returned fire and struck both men, Harn said.

Both suspects died on the street.

Rick

• 1 month later...

Anyone remember ex CNN Headline News hottie Lynn Russel and see what happened to her and her husband while traveling in Albuquerque NM Wednesday?

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/gunman-killed-ex-cnn-reporter-identified-tenn-parolee-article-1.2280375?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fnews%2Fnational+(News%2FNational)

Russell and de Carlo were roadtripping from Washington, D.C., to California when they stopped at a Motel 6 in Albuquerque on Tuesday night.

Russell left their room just before midnight to pick up something from the car when she noticed Walton in the parking lot, she said. He followed her back to the room and pushed her inside, just as de Caro emerged from the shower.

“We tried to calm him, confuse him and do everything we could do to just come out of it in one piece,” Russell said.

The husband and wife are both licensed firearms owners and experienced shooters, and De Caro quickly armed himself with a pocket 9 mm handgun.

When Walton started shooting, de Caro returned fire and killed the robber.

De Caro was shot three times and rushed to a local hospital.

“He's in a lot of pain,” Russell said. “He took three shots, including a couple to the abdomen. But magically, his organs were not affected.”

“He's my hero. He saved my life,” she added.

Russell worked as a pioneering anchor with CNN Headline News between 1983 and 2001. De Caro, who is a former CNN investigative reporter, now consults on information warfare for the Pentagon.

Rick

• Downvote 2

Russell — herself a licensed private investigator and former Fulton County, Georgia, sheriff's deputy with two martial arts black belts — told NBC station KOB that she and her husband had stopped in Albuquerque for dinner with a friend.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/gunman-killed-trying-rob-ex-reporters-lynne-russell-chuck-de-n385416
 (source)

Russell and de Caro — both described as expert shots — were legally carrying concealed handguns, she said. She said she offered to search her purse for something of value to hand over to the gunman — and slipped her gun into the purse, which she then handed to her husband. 

"'Is there anything in here we can give him?'" Russell said she asked. "Chuck said, 'Oh, yes, there is.'"

Russell said the man took de Caro's briefcase over to the bed of the motel room and began firing at her husband.

Chuck fired back, and it was a shootout," she said. "He expended the rounds from one small handgun and grabbed for the other even as he had taken fire" and was losing blood quickly. 

"The guy went down, and he was history," Russell said.

Wow!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Former Marine Dies as Good Samaritan in Arlington Shooting: Police

"Anthony Antell Jr., 35, saw the confrontation in the parking lot as his wife sat in their vehicle. Police said Antell, a former Marine, got his gun out of his vehicle and tried to stop Bradden from leaving, acting as a good Samaritan.

"At that point the suspect exits the vehicle, shoots the good Samaritan. The good Samaritan is pronounced deceased at the scene," said Arlington Police Lt. Christopher Cook."

Guess it doesn't always work out?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

Former Marine Dies as Good Samaritan in Arlington Shooting: Police

"Anthony Antell Jr., 35, saw the confrontation in the parking lot as his wife sat in their vehicle. Police said Antell, a former Marine, got his gun out of his vehicle and tried to stop Bradden from leaving, acting as a good Samaritan.

"At that point the suspect exits the vehicle, shoots the good Samaritan. The good Samaritan is pronounced deceased at the scene," said Arlington Police Lt. Christopher Cook."

You carry and brandish a firearm you better be ready, willing, and able to pull that trigger in a heartbeat, because the other guy will likely beat you to the punch otherwise. Sadly, this guy hesitated. Coincidentally, I was in the neighborhood when this thing happened and saw all of the emergency vehicles speeding to the scene. 

1 hour ago, foutsrouts said:

You carry and brandish a firearm you better be ready, willing, and able to pull that trigger in a heartbeat, because the other guy will likely beat you to the punch otherwise. Sadly, this guy hesitated. Coincidentally, I was in the neighborhood when this thing happened and saw all of the emergency vehicles speeding to the scene. 

This is why carrying a "toy" gun (aka replica) will almost always get you shot.

6 hours ago, UNT Five&Dime said:

No s, Sherlock.

Anyone who puts himself in harms way in a gunfight knows what he is getting into. There is never a gaurantee you will win. 

This guy was a Marine and knew that. He should be praised for his willingness to step up and attempt to do the right thing instead  of used to make an Internet point.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3