I'm proud of this North Texas team

Harry

What I take away from this game:

1. This program is turning around.

2. Special teams still need a kick in the ass. Watching Mac on the sidelines, I assure you they will be working on them this week.

3. We went toe to toe against the #15 team in the nation and against a HEISMAN CANDIDATE, and dominated them on more than one occaision throughout the game.

4. You expected the iincomplete pass to be called a touchdown. That is what killed us. This generation's '88 tu call?

5. Our defense is good.

6. Jimmerson is a badass, and wants to score EVERYTIME he touches the ball.

7. I have been following NT since 1997. I hate losing and have never been happy with a loss. This is the first time I have felt we had a chance to win, and then disappointed about coming up short against a ranked team. I had to take a breath and realize what this program is acomplishing.

The score SUCKS. Losing SUCKS ASS, but in the grand scheme of things, this was a great day!

I agree, but would change #6 to "Jimmerson and Chancellor are badasses!"

A GOOD football team? Not even close. NT played way above its head and K State was flat. A team cannot surrender a 99-yard kickoff return and be a GOOD football team. A GOOD football team's punter does not punt the ball 15 yards in a critical portion of the game. A GOOD football team does not dominate time of possesion 37:04 to 22:56 and lose by 2 touchdowns.

A GOOD football team does not wiss a PAT or allow a makeable FG to be blocked.

I can't name an area where NT is GREAT. The OLine is solid, the running game is improving, QB play is also improving to almost the point of saying it's not a worry. The DLine and LB's played well. The DB's surrendered 230 yards and 2 TD's to a QB that is a poor man's Tim Tebow.

I will agree with this statement, wholeheartedly. There is still work to do, but the future is bright for an improving Football team.

Go ahead flame away. I can already see the minuses from a few of you.

Have none of those things ever happened to a good football team? I don't think anyone in their right mind is saying that we're going to a BCS game after a week three "1-2," and I didn't even give you a red star. Btw, maybe WE were flat?

Indeed I find it interesting that when the opposing coach gets interviewed they always say we didn't do this we didn't that. Snyder said, "We didn't treat this game we needed to from an intensity point of view." Real college football fans know that UNT stood up and punched both top 15 programs in the face and made some plays. Now the next frew games are truly going to be a test because our team cannot lose any intensity. I don't think they will and I don't think Coach will. We need to beat the heck out of Troy for the first time in what feels like forever! Everybody needs to be fired about beating the Trojans in our closing SBC season.

I must say that it was an incredible treat that here in Hong Kong I did not get one college football game on any channel (darn soccer), except the North Texas Kansas State game. The only thing sweeter would be to have witnessed the upset in real time from 8,126 miles away.

GMG

• Upvote 2

Indeed I find it interesting that when the opposing coach gets interviewed they always say we didn't do this we didn't that. Snyder said, "We didn't treat this game we needed to from an intensity point of view." Real college football fans know that UNT stood up and punched both top 15 programs in the face and made some plays. Now the next frew games are truly going to be a test because our team cannot lose any intensity. I don't think they will and I don't think Coach will. We need to beat the heck out of Troy for the first time in what feels like forever! Everybody needs to be fired about beating the Trojans in our closing SBC season.

I must say that it was an incredible treat that here in Hong Kong I did not get one college football game on any channel (darn soccer), except the North Texas Kansas State game. The only thing sweeter would be to have witnessed the upset in real time from 8,126 miles away.

GMG

Yeah, I kinda got the feeling he was saying "We kept them in the game with <X,Y,Z mistakes/lack of effort>", when if you were watching, you know their defense was given everything they could handle by our offense.

If their stud LB Brown didn't come back in to lead their team in tackles, they may have been in even more trouble.

• Upvote 2

I was at the game years ago, when we were rated in the Top 5 of the Country (1-AA) and Kansas State rallied and beat us at the end. The field flooded with students. I said to myself, hey, we are just a 1_AA team. However, that victory started the Wildcat run which has been ver impressive.

And, on impressived..... I can't tell you how proud I am of the Mean Green players and coaches. I thought it was an excellent game plan and the team excelled. You could see the confidence on the players faces....and of course Coach Mac.

Great effort! And, that considering the one K-State touchdown was NOT a touchdown.

Lot of big and hard games ahead....but, this is the most improved team in the Country over the past 2 years!

Mean Green and Proud of It!

ParksAndRecRick

• Upvote 1

Major statement opportunity coming on October 16th.

1. We have a chance to be 500 nearing the end of September!

2. If we wake up 500 next Sunday then we have a chance to end September 3 victories away from a bowl game!

3. If we finish September strong we can turn our full attention to getting revenge against that other big urban team.

Let's go beat the heck out of Troy!

GMG

• Upvote 1

I don't know if we're a "good" or "great" football team but this team and program is slowly slowly turning that corner. I could give a crap how K-State played...if they played bad then that isn't NT's problem. Fact is this was a game for 3.5 quarters and NT was playing their rears off against the #15 ranked team in the nation. It is amazing what solid coaching and preparation can do for a team. If we play like this the rest of the season once we get into conference play then I don't see how we don't have a great shot at winning the conference.

• Upvote 1

We need to take some great steps forward and not view this as an at-a-boy, "A" for effort loss...special teams and poor defensive coverage and lack of defensive pressure cost us the game...needs to be corrected. If we can't cover anyone or if we can't perform on special teams, ULM and Troy and WKU and the rest of em will be a problem...Coach should have some serious conversations with special teams staff...let's not give a big "Yeah!" for losing here, turn the corner and let's not be happy with a loss we should have won...we should have won last night

• Upvote 2