Rules Changes

UNT 90 Grad

Maybe something has already been posted about this and I missed it. So I'm sure I'm too old for video games, but I noticed in NCAA 13 that touchbacks were going out to the 25. I did some research and sure enough, touchbacks will be going out to the 25 starting this year and kickoffs are moving to the 35. I don't really care for rules that are discouraging kickoff returns.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2012/02/ncaa-moves-kickoffs-to-35-yard-line-touchbacks-to-25/1#.UDLx-Yl5mc0

Maybe something has already been posted about this and I missed it. So I'm sure I'm too old for video games, but I noticed in NCAA 13 that touchbacks were going out to the 25. I did some research and sure enough, touchbacks will be going out to the 25 starting this year and kickoffs are moving to the 35. I don't really care for rules that are discouraging kickoff returns.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2012/02/ncaa-moves-kickoffs-to-35-yard-line-touchbacks-to-25/1#.UDLx-Yl5mc0

Just another step in turning football into a non-contact sport. It's really sad

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Downvote 1

It would be funny if this backfired, and kickers started trying to keep the ball out of the endzone.

Won't kickoff teams be starting 5 yards closer so it might be easier to try to pin a team inside the 10?

Edited by UNTFan23

Pardon the OT, but is the new NFL rule to review every turnover going to drive anyone else freaking nuts?

That rule was actually in play last year as well. I don't really mind it when the normal officials are there, because the review booth quickly tells them via their headsets that it's clear. And when they do need to review it, it's usually very quick. This year with the replacement refs, they're more apt to overrule the replay officials and review something anyways, just to be sure that the call is correct, and they take 3 times as long as the normal officials do. They're auditioning as well this preseason, just like any young player is, so unfortunately their lack of officiating skill and speed is impeding the time of the replays and lengthening the game unnecessarily.

• Downvote 1

That rule was actually in play last year as well. I don't really mind it when the normal officials are there, because the review booth quickly tells them via their headsets that it's clear. And when they do need to review it, it's usually very quick. This year with the replacement refs, they're more apt to overrule the replay officials and review something anyways, just to be sure that the call is correct, and they take 3 times as long as the normal officials do. They're auditioning as well this preseason, just like any young player is, so unfortunately their lack of officiating skill and speed is impeding the time of the replays and lengthening the game unnecessarily.

mike-gundy-o.gif

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/28/nfl-rule-changes-for-2012/

http://content.usato.../1#.UDLx-Yl5mc0

You're never too old for video games.

You're never too old for video games.

That is as true a statement as one man can make.

• Downvote 1