GMG Cliff Notes on UNT Fall Camp so far

Harry

First off my name is Jonathan Percival, or Theodor Geisel..not anonymous. Second off, calling a player a bust before he plays his first game is a bit of a reach, but I would like to see something out of him...Finally, as others know, I know most of the players on the team and anything I say on the board, I would tell them

Ah...Troy's brother.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

First off my name is Jonathan Percival, or Theodor Geisel..not anonymous. Second off, calling a player a bust before he plays his first game is a bit of a reach, but I would like to see something out of him...Finally, as others know, I know most of the players on the team and anything I say on the board, I would tell them

What's so special about you that you get to have two first and last names? What gives you the right?

• Upvote 4

Feeley has never started and practiced with the scout team and has had a knee injury for most of his career... Yes I would say its shocking that a 4* All American, #28 offense tackle in the country is not starting for UNT

Stradford was projected to start going into fall camp his first year eligable.. William Cole was a bigger bust than Stradford

He started 7 games as a freshman. Redshirted the next year and was injured the next yr.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Im kinda confused, you tell me to do my homework and then you go and say Cam was from OU... Then, I admitted that I was wrong about Coleman's starts in the past.

Second, like I said before, I would like Cam to prove me wrong, but from what Im hearing and seeing on the depth chart, it hasn't happened. When your as highly ranked lineman as Cam was, its still shocking to see how a position that he plays is open and he still isn't the starter. but he's making improvements, in which I did not see until others pointed it out to me... Anything else?

Will if you think ancillary information is important to the debate, Cam came from Arkansas not OU. Not sure that changes much.

Labeling any NT player a bust is suspect behavior in my view. Doing it before his sophomore year and based on that player not meeting your expectations based on a hs rating is even more questionable. About half of players signed significantly contribute to a program, its a numbers thing as much as talent. Would you rate the other half of the players bust, or is that reserved for only the highly touted at some point?

The most touted player ever to sign with NT was Milton Collins. He was thought to be the next Earl Campbell and was regarded as the best rb in Texas. He has been labeled the biggest "bust" ever at NT; but he was far from it. He gave NT great publicity just by signing and although he never was a great runner; he ending playing 4 years and starting in the defensive line.

Cam may or may not ever be a star or even a big contributor at NT, that remains to be determined. I am not sure it is appropriate to call anyone a "bust" that plays for NT, but at least give them a chance to suceed or fail before making that public determination.

• Upvote 3

Will if you think ancillary information is important to the debate, Cam came from Arkansas not OU. Not sure that changes much.

Labeling any NT player a bust is suspect behavior in my view. Doing it before his sophomore year and based on that player not meeting your expectations based on a hs rating is even more questionable. About half of players signed significantly contribute to a program, its a numbers thing as much as talent. Would you rate the other half of the players bust, or is that reserved for only the highly touted at some point?

The most touted player ever to sign with NT was Milton Collins. He was thought to be the next Earl Campbell and was regarded as the best rb in Texas. He has been labeled the biggest "bust" ever at NT; but he was far from it. He gave NT great publicity just by signing and although he never was a great runner; he ending playing 4 years and starting in the defensive line.

Cam may or may not ever be a star or even a big contributor at NT, that remains to be determined. I am not sure it is appropriate to call anyone a "bust" that plays for NT, but at least give them a chance to suceed or fail before making that public determination.

I think Dr. Seuss is just "putting in the call", per se. Not necessarily saying "He's already busted", but that "He won't be as good as everyone expects in the future". I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

What's odd is that he reminds us about it at every turn, almost as if he's glad Cam may fail.

If anything, he's a success, since because of him, his brother is here and appears to be the lock for our starting C for years to come.

• Upvote 3