CUSA Bringing Baseball to NT?

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you saying C-USA might force us to start a baseball program? I don't think so. Or that being associated with Rice and some of the better baseball schools will make us want to start playing them in baseball? I'm not sure being in C-USA in and of itself will make us more likely to start a baseball program. But I think baseball is just over the horizon, regardless.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=568209

When looking at the thread that shows others in the CUSA baseball stadiums.... I can't help but to think that if we try and squeeze a baseball diamond (of CUSA scale) into that small piece of land across from Apogee....then we will barely get the equivalent of the Softball field. So where do we put it?

Yeah I was just thinking Rice had a pretty solid baseball program and that there may be a few others as well. Seems like it'd be a good excuse to get our program up and rolling. It'd be great to see mean green or black and green jerseys out there. Everyone would be all stirred up thinking of being so proximal to the Rangers. lol.

• Upvote 1

http://csnbbs.com/sh....php?tid=568209

When looking at the thread that shows others in the CUSA baseball stadiums.... I can't help but to think that if we try and squeeze a baseball diamond (of CUSA scale) into that small piece of land across from Apogee....then we will barely get the equivalent of the Softball field. So where do we put it?

Looking at google maps, there is plenty of space for a baseball stadium in the lot behind the softball field. I am quite certain a team is coming and that that spot is where the stadium will be. CUSA is a SERIOUS baseball conference. We go baseball in that conference, and there can be no crappy erector set stadiums.

• Upvote 2

http://csnbbs.com/sh....php?tid=568209

I think that land is larger than you think.

581403_10100867133324900_23932973_51677334_590788623_n.jpg

• Upvote 3

I think that land is larger than you think.

581403_10100867133324900_23932973_51677334_590788623_n.jpg

I wish The University and the City of Denton would go ahead and reroute Bonnie Brae around the outside of the athletic village closer to I35W and unify the Athletic Village. That would be so much safer, particularly with Denton's anticipated growth to the south and the increased traffic. The land inside the Athletic Village could better be utilized for parking areas and safe pedestrian walkways between facilities.

mgv-bigmap.jpg

1 Apogee Stadium 2 North Texas Athletic Center 3 Darrell Dickey Practice Facility 4 Waranch Tennis Facility

5 Denia Rattlesnake Refuge 6 Future Track Facility 7 Future Baseball Complex 8 Lovelace Softball Stadium

9 Soccer Stadium

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 3

I wish The University and the City of Denton would go ahead and reroute Bonnie Brae around the outside of the athletic village closer to I35W and unify the Athletic Village.

There is nothing in terms of right of way that would accomodate this. As it is, Bonnie Brae is slated to be expanded to 4 lanes from University all the way to 377.

• Upvote 1

Almost every school in the *New* C-USA has a baseball program except UTEP, Tulsa and North Texas.

Schools with Baseball Programs.

Rice

UAB

Southern Miss

Tulane

East Carolina

Marshall

Florida International

Louisiana Tech

Texas-San Antonio

Charlotte

Old Dominion