Scott Young to La Tech

KoldBeer

?????? If you are referring to me hating you are dead wrong. KRAM doesn't hate....but KRAM gets darn tired of so many people always assuming the staff at UNT dropped the ball or screwed something up. When, in fact, they have little to ZERO real info and have talked to no one who has any real idea of what may or may not be going on. I know its a message board, but, good grief...some folks need to

get a grip AND a life. IT AIN'T THAT BAD! In fact, it's pretty darn good! All one needs to do is open their eyes and come out from that pessimistic attitude they seem to carry around with them all the time or the hard they

apparently have on for one staffer or another at UNT

No sorry , thAt was me trying to type from phone.

Hate should never be a factor on this board. I think people

need to realize it's okay to disagree and still be able to get along. And yes we do take this stuff too seriously, im guilty of it. But sometimes there are obvious mistakes made and it's hard not to get upset, I blame todd dodge

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 2

To me it is simple. No baseball program at UNT. Sometimes there is an easy answer.

We'll see. always thought he was a better baseball player to begin with

Is it just me or does it feel like DT has been here for ever when really this is only his 2nd year ??

Those of you complaining that we never offered a scholarship, do you know the following:

1. Would he have signed here?

2. Were there discussions between Young and NT?

3. If so, was it decided by one of the parties that we were not a good fit for whatever reason? If so, which side?

4. Did the lack of a baseball program play into this?

5. If we didn't offer and he would have signed here, what is your source of information?

• Upvote 1

?????? If you are referring to me hating you are dead wrong. KRAM doesn't hate....but KRAM gets darn tired of so many people always assuming the staff at UNT dropped the ball or screwed something up. When, in fact, they have little to ZERO real info and have talked to no one who has any real idea of what may or may not be going on. I know its a message board, but, good grief...some folks need to get a grip AND a life. IT AIN'T THAT BAD! In fact, it's pretty darn good! All one needs to do is open their eyes and come out from that pessimistic attitude they seem to carry around with them all the time or the hard they apparently have on for one staffer or another at UNT.

You only think those people don't have sources. I have sources too, and they are saying the exact opposite of what your sources are.

It doesn't mean it's the wrong decision either, that can't be known until Mr. Young plays for LaTech. I just know that we didn't offer the guy and he was wanting one. That's not dropping a ball or screwing anything up, it's making a decision not to offer.

• Upvote 1

Those of you complaining that we never offered a scholarship, do you know the following:

1. Would he have signed here?

2. Were there discussions between Young and NT?

3. If so, was it decided by one of the parties that we were not a good fit for whatever reason? If so, which side?

4. Did the lack of a baseball program play into this?

5. If we didn't offer and he would have signed here, what is your source of information?

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. I think it's obvious

4. No

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Kram, hate to tell ya but your " sources" are wrong .Scotty wouldn't have been at our practices if he didnt want to be here.

But hey, what's done is done. Best of luck to him

Certainly would not be the first time my "sources" were wrong...and I am sure it won't be the last. They are "decent" sources who should know what they are talking about, but they are "sources" none the less....probably no better or worse than yours...so, since Scotty did not sign here, we have to assume there is a reason....either he wanted to and was not offered or he really wanted to have the option of baseball but was playing his hand the best he could. Don't blame the kid AT ALL, and I darn sure wish he was going to be wearing the green of the Mean Green. But, my sources said UNT was never his first choice...maye the coaches knew that and were pursuing another option. I don't know from UNT's coaching point of view..that's not where my sources were on this one.....

Good luck to Scotty...unless of course when LA TECH might just be playing the Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

Kram, hate to tell ya but your " sources" are wrong .Scotty wouldn't have been at our practices if he didnt want to be here.

But hey, what's done is done. Best of luck to him

Absolutely... If UNT would of wanted him he would of been offered a scholarship, from what I heard he never got one... It had nothing to do with baseball... Just bc he's a local kid doesn't mean he's the right fit

• Upvote 1

I'm fine with the guys we have at QB. It's not the QB spot that concerns me going into the fall. The DB's and DL's are where the Mean green can make or break the season...that and the OL of course. Injuries to these spots can be the big difference between a 7+ win season or something less. Our QB's are fine...and will be for several years with the guys "in house". Now, would I like to sign another QB this year or next...absolutely.

• Upvote 1

I'm fine with the guys we have at QB. It's not the QB spot that concerns me going into the fall. The DB's and DL's are where the Mean green can make or break the season...that and the OL of course. Injuries to these spots can be the big difference between a 7+ win season or something less. Our QB's are fine...and will be for several years with the

guys "in house". Now, would I like to sign another QB this year or next...absolutely.

Agree!

• Upvote 1

I'm fine with the guys we have at QB. It's not the QB spot that concerns me going into the fall. The DB's and DL's are where the Mean green can make or break the season...that and the OL of course. Injuries to these spots can be the big difference between a 7+ win season or something less. Our QB's are fine...and will be for several years with the guys "in house". Now, would I like to sign another QB this year or next...absolutely.

This is only correct when Thompson is healthy and eligible. Once he graduates, we are not OK at QB with the guys we have "in house".

• Upvote 2