North Texas Signing Day Event

Harry

gallery_1_23_9308.jpg

When: Wednesday, February 1st at 6pm; Program to begin at 6:30pm

Where: Apogee Stadium – Club Level

What: Signing Day Celebration Event

Cost: $10 for MGC members; $20 for non-MGC members

AD will be providing the food and a cash bar will also be available, no charge for soft drinks.

Should be fun. A more detailed .pdf brochure is coming shortly!

GMG!

I'll be there...great location. Having the new stadium with the Club Level facility really opens things up like this for being on campus where they should be held. Glad to see that Mean green Club members get a reduced price of $10 instead of the "general public" $20. Another benefit of being a Mean Green Club member.

Should be a great evening. Will be interesting to see how Coach mac handles a "signing day" event!

Hope to see a big crowd.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

looking forward to coming to the games this season. my son is the new OL, Connor Trussell, from Arlington Martin. We had a great visit this weekend touring the school, athletic village and meeting some of the players and coaches. Coach Mac has it going on...BOWL BOUND.

Welcome aboard!! Really excited about Conner joining the program and look forward to following him on the field. I look forward to meeting you in person as well. Go Mean Green!!

looking forward to coming to the games this season. my son is the new OL, Connor Trussell, from Arlington Martin. We had a great visit this weekend touring the school, athletic village and meeting some of the players and coaches. Coach Mac has it going on...BOWL BOUND.

BOWL BOUND INDEED! Got to know that Coach Mac, his staff and these players will definitely get it done....congratulations and welcome to the great Mean Green Nation. Very excited to have Connor wearing the Mean Green green! Thanks so much for placing your trust and faith in both Coach Mac and UNT as the place for Connor to not only play but receive a wonderful education. I can tell you that Connor and you have made a great decision. Welcome to the Mean Green nation!

• Upvote 1

UNT90 I am confused. The UNT athletic department web site says that they will have a live chat starting at 8:00 AM but also gives the opportunity to purchase a National Signing Day package for $9.95. I have no idea what you get for that amount. Maybe someone else can help........

• Upvote 1

What a great turnout last night. Just listening to the coaches and AD talk gets me fired up for what has happened and what is to come under this regime.

I am very proud to call myself a North Texas Mean Green fan. As coach said last night it’s time to stick our chest out and get off our ____ and be proud of what’s going on here.

I particularly enjoyed him calling out the city of Denton. The athletic department has basically done all they can and they have now tasked us loyal fans to go recruit anyone we can to show up at our football and basketball games (yes other sports as well). I for one will take pride and do what I can…

It appears we are only going to get 5 homes games this year. I like how Rick was open and said if we get butts in the stands then we won’t have to play more than one “money” game a year (I like the attitude that these aren’t just money games these are opportunities to make North Texas known). September 8th we need everyone to embrace the home opener as our opportunity to show these kids we care. Yes its Texas Southern but who cares we need to fill that stadium up and make this an event somehow (Every year K-State’s home opener is called a Family Reunion and we play the likes of Eastern Kentucky, UMass and get 50,000 in the stands… I had to mention the Wildcats at least once).

It all starts with getting someone to attend one game, one event and they will see this is a great thing going on right at our doorstep.

GO MEAN GREEN and let’s kick some ____ !

• Upvote 3

What a great turnout last night. Just listening to the coaches and AD talk gets me fired up for what has happened and what is to come under this regime.

I am very proud to call myself a North Texas Mean Green fan. As coach said last night it's time to stick our chest out and get off our ____ and be proud of what's going on here.

I particularly enjoyed him calling out the city of Denton. The athletic department has basically done all they can and they have now tasked us loyal fans to go recruit anyone we can to show up at our football and basketball games (yes other sports as well). I for one will take pride and do what I can…

It appears we are only going to get 5 homes games this year. I like how Rick was open and said if we get butts in the stands then we won't have to play more than one "money" game a year (I like the attitude that these aren't just money games these are opportunities to make North Texas known). September 8th we need everyone to embrace the home opener as our opportunity to show these kids we care. Yes its Texas Southern but who cares we need to fill that stadium up and make this an event somehow (Every year K-State's home opener is called a Family Reunion and we play the likes of Eastern Kentucky, UMass and get 50,000 in the stands… I had to mention the Wildcats at least once).

It all starts with getting someone to attend one game, one event and they will see this is a great thing going on right at our doorstep.

GO MEAN GREEN and let's kick some ____ !

I am exactly right there with you in this! I cannot tell you how great it is to have you, Mrs. Smoothfresh and little Master Smoothfresh as part of the Mean Green family. To have "adopted" UNT they way you guys have and embraced the school and the program is absolutely fantastic. You have made me look favorably upon those K-State Wildcats as a result!

It was a great event last evening and the energy in the room was simply electric. Now, we need the City of Denton and all the Mean green Alums...AND STUDENTS...to get behind this school and this program. Time to get on the train...it's leaving the station and heading BOWL BOUND!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Glad you guys are fired up, but there is no sugar coating 5 home games with Texas Southern being our only OOC home game. Disappointing.

I agree it is disappointing however we have painted ourselves into a corner with our poor attendance leaving us no choice but to rely on games like LSU and Alabama every year to help fund the program. If we can get 25,000 for each home game we can "shop" to get more opponents to come play us in our place a lot easier.

• Upvote 2

I agree it is disappointing however we have painted ourselves into a corner with our poor attendance leaving us no choice but to rely on games like LSU and Alabama every year to help fund the program. If we can get 25,000 for each home game we can "shop" to get more opponents to come play us in our place a lot easier.

We won't have 25,000 for any games. Not for the home opener against an FBS school, and certainly not in a Sunbelt conference game. Sorry.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

We won't have 25,000 for any games. Not for the home opener against an FBS school, and certainly not in a Sunbelt conference game. Sorry.

And that is why we will continue to be in the Sun Belt. Until people stop caring about who we play and start going to see North Texas we will never see this program be elevated to a higher level.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 6

Agree. Especially if season ticket prices are not 5/6 of what they cost last season.

This and your other post show what is wrong. Go to watch North Texas and give what you can to support the program, period! I'd like to have 8 or 9 home games, but it is what it is right now and until we start filling Apogee regardless of who we are playing and providing our support things won't change.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

This and your other post show what is wrong. Go to watch North Texas and give what you can to support the program, period! I'd like to have 8 or 9 home games, but it is what it is right now and until we start filling Apogee regardless of who we are playing and providing our support things won't change.

Well said...I go to UNT games to have a great time and to support UNT. Heck, I'd be there if they were playing the "Sisters of the Poor"! WHY...because it's UNT and UNT is MY UNIVERSITY...that's plenty enough for me. For way too long UNT's "so-called fans" have put conditions on their loyalty...which amounts to no loyalty at all. Indeed, that is a prime example of why we do have five home games next season. People who condition their loyalty, constantly find things bad to say about the university and its programs...yes on here and in any other board existing...continue to make it harder and harder for UNT to move forward.

TRUE story...I head from one player's parent about a time a a spring game that they were sitting near a few UNT "fans"...he mentioned who they were by description....not to be named here, of course....with a running back prospect and his family. The group of fans were bad mouthing the program so bad that the family7 and recruit cut off contact with UNT and eventually signed with another program.

If you think what you are doing and saying is private, you have another think coming. If you think people do not know who you are...on this board and any other because you have an avatar...you are sadly mistaken and rather naive in your thinking. THIS negative stuff matters...and it matters in a big way. To get the City of Denton to support the program, to get the students to actually come to games, to get alums "back" to the games, the current fan base needs to be positive and supportive of the program in all way in public! That's in any public medium...written, verbal, etc., etc. Say and do what you want in private...so be it....but if you care at all about UNT and helping it move forward, BE POSITIVE AND BE PROUD ALWAYS in public.

As a proud UNT alum and supporter, I know there are some things that could be done better...name an organization where that isn't true? I also know that there are two sides to every issue and that "outsiders" often do not have the benefit of full facts, but if you have "challenges" take them up with the correct person, in private and in a professional way...offer potential solutions as well as pointing out what you see as a "challenge" and offer to help be part of the solution. Amazing how that works sometimes...anyplace...any organization.

I know I am as much as "blowing in the wind" here in that it probably won't mean a thing to the folks it should...and I'll be mocked as a pollyanna, green kool-aid drinker or one who has a part of my anatomy stuck up some part of the AD's anatomy...so be it. You take those comments from where they come, but both Coach Mac and RV made reference to just this as recently as last night.

If you do consider yourself a fan of the Mean Green and a member of the great Mean Green Nation it is something to at least think about.

• Upvote 5