Chase Walling

BigPonyFan

Well, you could start with the commments your administration/BOR made about my university years ago, the utter disregard for the rules that resulted in the Death Penalty and the majority of your fans/students/alumni that think they are better because Daddy funded their overly priced education and BMW. You may be the exception to the rule, but I wish nothing but failure on SMU. Merry Christmas.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Well, you could start with the commments your administration/BOR made about my university years ago, the utter disregard for the rules that resulted in the Death Penalty and the majority of your fans/students/alumni that think they are better because Daddy funded their overly priced education and BMW. You may be the exception to the rule, but I wish nothing but failure on SMU. Merry Christmas.

Wait one second here, there is nothing wrong with owning a BMW. They make some really great cars. Let's keep it above the belt.

• Upvote 3

There are going to be UNT fans that hate and SMU fans that are arrogant. Hopefully the rest of us can find common ground and keep the debate/discussion civil.

• Upvote 5

There are going to be UNT fans that hate and SMU fans that are arrogant. Hopefully the rest of us can find common ground and keep the debate/discussion civil.

Just think of us as Texas A&M to your UT, or TTech to your TAM. Some feel you are our biggest rivals, while most of your fans are oblivious to our existence.

But don't get me wrong, I still wish failure on SMU. Not because of any wrong I perceive that SMU perpetrated onto UNT, but because SMU is in a better place in the college football world right now than UNT. There are only so many spots in the club, and SMU got one that it really didn't deserve. More importantly, it got one that UNT will not get.

For that, I wish you 10 straight winless seasons, 10 straight terrible recruiting classes, and no fans to come watch your home games, both football and basketball (oh, wait. That one already came true).

Even though TCU earned every bit of their Big 12-3+1 membership, I wish them the same fate.

See, it's nothing personal, and you seem like a nice enough dude. but you have something we want, and for that, I wish your school nothing but complete and utter failure.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

Lifer,

Seriously you need to get over it. You're making yourself look like the UNT equivalent to the few SMU douchers on their board. As for your BMW comment...seriously? Stereotyping a bit much? If parents want to buy their kids BMW then let it be..why the hate? I and many of my friends were fortunate to get things like that growing up but we're all just a bunch of normal people.....we got our degrees earn money and life is moving on. Just the way you label those people as thinking their superior...frankly it's hard for them not to think how much jealousy and hate you seem to indicate to them when saying all that nonsense. Most of the SMU folks I know are great and very complimentary to not only UNT but other people and circles of life as well. And if a couple of SMU douchers on their board fulfill the stereotype then we don't need to retaliate...let's act like the bigger person and stay true humble to ourselves.

Unfortunately there are several ignorant and misinformed people on both sides of the spectrum. You just hope we both learn to coexist and respect one another and stop with all this BS stereotyping and labeling.

Edited by Green Mean
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

I love the fact that DMAC and staff scouted and offered this kid before June Jones got around to it...Does that mean the DMAC is out working the SMU staff? or does that mean the Jones was busy trying to leave smu and is desperately trying to fill an O-line position last minute now that he found "god" and is staying at pink polo U... I supposed we'll see how much DMAC and staff have connected with this kid now... We have a slight advance cause of first contact and first to offer between us. Plus, I think seeing U of NT beat someone 5 bazillion to -5 might help too...(even though the stands were empty cause it was cold and rainy)

Any small victory over a regional rival is a good thing... especially one that has a seat at the big boy table(even if they don't deserve it in any way)...

I still maintain that building a team starts with the Lines outward... and DMAC should crow about this one on signing day...pay no attention to the fact that we lost in another recruiting one on one prior to this kid.

Go Mean Green!

Lifer,

Seriously you need to get over it. You're making yourself look like the UNT equivalent to the few SMU douchers on their board. As for your BMW comment...seriously? Stereotyping a bit much? If parents want to buy their kids BMW then let it be..why the hate? I and many of my friends were fortunate to get things like that growing up but we're all just a bunch of normal people.....we got our degrees earn money and life is moving on. Just the way you label those people as thinking their superior...frankly it's hard for them not to think how much jealousy and hate you seem to indicate to them when saying all that nonsense. Most of the SMU folks I know are great and very complimentary to not only UNT but other people and circles of life as well. And if a couple of SMU douchers on their board fulfill the stereotype then we don't need to retaliate...let's act like the bigger person and stay true humble to ourselves.

Unfortunately there are several ignorant and misinformed people on both sides of the spectrum. You just hope we both learn to coexist and respect one another and stop with all this BS stereotyping and labeling.

I understand what you are saying, and I have met many fine people from SMU. My main problem with the school is their leaderships derogatory comments about North Texas years ago, and the fact that many still think their program is so much greater than many around here. They draw 5K to games, Dallas could care less about them, and they move up through the college ranks based upon either their success from the ancient past, affiliation with the Southwest Conference or their success during the Pony Express era that landed them the Death Penalty.

• Upvote 1

I understand what you are saying, and I have met many fine people from SMU. My main problem with the school is their leaderships derogatory comments about North Texas years ago, and the fact that many still think their program is so much greater than many around here. They draw 5K to games, Dallas could care less about them, and they move up through the college ranks based upon either their success from the ancient past, affiliation with the Southwest Conference or their success during the Pony Express era that landed them the Death Penalty.

SMU has attendance problems, but they draw 20k+ (forgot the '2') and will sell out against bigger opponents (TCU, Baylor, A&M, etc.). Still 20k sucks and needs to increase 50% -- at least.

Edited by BigPonyFan

SMU has attendance problems, but they draw 20k+ (forgot the '2') and will sell out against bigger opponents (TCU, Baylor, A&M, etc.). Still 20k sucks and needs to increase 50% -- at least.

See, that's another problem with SMU. Their math/athletic department thinks 8,000=20,000, much like UNT's thinks 10k = 15k.

Hey, at least we are closer.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lifer,

The main thing in life I have always hated, even though I was taught never to hate, was the kids who were given everything and didn't have to work for it. My sister and I weren't raised in the best circumstances, but we both are paying our own way through school(She graduated @ TCU, now doing grad school @ UNC, I've paid for everything myself in three years of school @ NCTC/UNT)

We'll see in ten years who has more money they made themselves, the SMU grad driving the Benz daddy bought him or the kid from a trailerpark who paid his own way. I don't care if you're fortunate enough to have rich parents, that doesn't make you any better than the next person. The arrogance and superiority complex of many SMU folks makes me dislike their school and alums. And to be honest, it's not a jealous type of dislike, it's the kind where I just don't want anything to do with the school. Will the games played starting in 2014 be great for both schools? No doubt, but would I care if they were taken off the schedule? Not really...

*I'm not trying to compare SMU/UNT to my life, I don't want it to seem like I'm saying SMU students are rich and our students are from trailerparks, just saying the high number of students there living off daddy and their sense of entitlement is what creates my disdain for their university.

• Downvote 1