I don't know what's worse

UNTJarhead0802

Our offense is the product of a young underdeveloped offensive line.

Plain and simple.

That, sir, is just flat wrong!

No, you sir, are just flat wrong!

A less than STERLING reply - why am I not surprised?

Oh - were you at the game? If you were then you should have seen that the offensive problems went FAR, FAR BEYOND the o-line.

But I guess it would be hard to provide an overall analysis of the offense within in your all-to-usual 5 - 7 word sentence postings.

Just a point to be learned: Smart-assed quips seldom provide for quality analysis!

To blame the o-line for the ENTIRETY of the ineffectiveness of the offense is, as I said and without reservation, flat wrong.

Must ... resist ... temptation to post ... South Park video ...

A less than STERLING reply - why am I not surprised?

I would refer you back to your first contribution to this thread and apologize for not providing the same brilliant analysis.

Oh - were you at the game? If you were then you should have seen that the offensive problems went FAR, FAR BEYOND the o-line.

Our offense is based around one star player. The inability to provide sufficient blocking for said star player sets off a chain reaction of suck and failure throughout the offense. Do we suck in other areas? Yes, but all of our other problems are only intensified by the inability to do the one thing this offense wants/needs to do. Run and run block.

But I guess it would be hard to provide an overall analysis of the offense within in your all-to-usual 5 - 7 word sentence postings.

I would again refer you back to your original foray into the thread.

Just a point to be learned: Smart-assed quips seldom provide for quality analysis!

Once more to your initial post.... getting repetitive here.

To blame the o-line for the ENTIRETY of the ineffectiveness of the offense is, as I said and without reservation, flat wrong.

We've got an ineffective line that seems to be regressing. Our QB looks scared in the pocket because of them. Lance can do nothing because of them. The receivers are being asked to make plays on 3rd and long almost every series because of them. Everything goes back to the line.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To blame the offensive line for the entire situation is being overly simplistic at best. While, the O-line's performance was "way less than stellar", one has to give some of the "credit" to the coaching staff, who, knowing the situation revolving the O-line continued to call for runs off guard and tackle, and pass plays that take time to develop. Where were the passes to the tight end, the boot-legs and roll-outs to free Thompson from the pocket pressure, the short dump passes to Dunbar to try to get him space in the open field, etc. This O-line is YOUNG and needs to have some time to develop. I don't think one could have designed an offensive game plan that would put any more pressure on the O-line than the one I saw (in person by the way) Saturday at LaLa.

Screen play anyone, bootleg, roll out, tight end, misdirection...I don't know because I am not, unlike many on this board- I guess, a professional college football coach. So, I'll leave that up to Coach Mac and his staff, but from my perspective having attended every home game and this away game at LaLa, our O-line is young, a tad "undersized (based on the size of the defenses they are going up against)and need some time to develop. Our "skins on the wall" coaching staff can certainly come up with a scheme to help off-set some of these challenges faced by the O-line.

I personally think our young O-line will develop into a very solid front...maybe even as early as next year after taking some lumps this season. If anyone here thought the Mean green was actually going to win the Sunbelt this first year under Coach Mac, well, I want some of THAT Kool-Aid you were drinking.

WAY way too simplistic to say it is all on the O-line. In fact, one might credit the defensive backs for the failure to capitalize on the potential win this last Saturday and ignore the O-line struggles a great deal. Let's see two really poor coverages by Hill equals 12 points for the Cajuns. The the extra points for 2 more. Hmmm...thirty less 14 equals 16, right...much easier to catch up at 16 -13 I would think...but then, I'm not the coach some here are.

• Upvote 1

I would refer you back to your first contribution to this thread and apologize for not providing the same brilliant analysis.

Our offense is based around one star player. The inability to provide sufficient blocking for said star player sets off a chain reaction of suck and failure throughout the offense. Do we suck in other areas? Yes, but all of our other problems are only intensified by the inability to do the one thing this offense wants/needs to do. Run and run block.

I would again refer you back to your original foray into the thread.

Once more to your initial post.... getting repetitive here.

We've got an ineffective line that seems to be regressing. Our QB looks scared in the pocket because of them. Lance can do nothing because of them. The receivers are being asked to make plays on 3rd and long almost every series because of them. Everything goes back to the line.

Sir, in your original statement you were making the accusation that the ENTIRETY of the offensive problems was at the feet of the o-line.

The norm is that an accusation of such magnitude is backed up with "facts" to support the accusation. Until your most recent post, you chose not to do so (and even those statements were so general as to be suspect). I called you on it - and finally your responded with more than 5 - 7 words of utter BS.

Is the o-line part of the reason that the offense struggles? Certainly. Are they THE SINGLE CAUSE of the offense struggling? NO!

Again, were you at the game? If you were then you SHOULD know that your accusation is erroneous.

But I will back off - the last thing this program needs is each of us turning against our own.

GMG

Again, were you at the game? If you were then you SHOULD know that your accusation is erroneous.

No I was not. Assuming you were, I'll need to know the exact location of your seats in order ascertain a better understanding of the view which afforded you such a greater understanding than those forced to watch the game online.

I hope I never see Derek Thompson play another down. Not a knee-jerk response either. I've seen every down he has played this year. He is terrible. Even if you give him credit for drops, young offensive line, and poor play calling he is still extra bad. I'm sure he is a great kid and a terrific person, but, he has got to be the most fundamentally wrong quarterback I have ever seen.

This is me calling myself out.... Derek Thompson proved me wrong tonight vs ULM. He looked (tonight) to be a D-1 quarterback. SETTING his feet and throwing the ball like he knew where he wanted to put it. Well done Derek. This me on record saying im sorry. Keep it up please. Build on it.

:goodjob:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1