PLEASE COACH MAC

NTEX1990

Coach Mac,

As weak as the Belt is this year PLEASE do the right thing and ........... no more experiments. Looking at the schedule we could have 3 gimmes and only need to win one of the Troy, LaLa and ArkSt games and WE WILL be bowl eligible at 6-6. I know nothing is a gimme for this team, but we are 92 on CBS120, who woulda thought that huh? Just let Chico do his thing and let the D do their thing and we just might have a chance. These upperclassmen have been thru so much a bowl game would be an awesome achievement that i never thought possible to start the season.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 19

Coach Mac,

As weak as the Belt is this year PLEASE do the right thing and ........... no more experiments. Looking at the schedule we could have 3 gimmes and only need to win one of the Troy, LaLa and ArkSt games and WE WILL be bowl eligible at 6-6. I know nothing is a gimme for this team, but we are 92 on CBS120, who woulda thought that huh? Just let Chico do his thing and let the D do their thing and we just might have a chance. These upperclassmen have been thru so much a bowl game would be an awesome achievement that i never thought possible to start the season.

What experiments has he tried?

Coach Mac,

The D has been successful because of McCarney not in spite of him.

Coach Mac,

Where is Dr. Phil when ya need him ?

You guys blame NTEX1990 for requesting Coach Mac. not to experiment? Then you want source documentation. How about UNT playing Alabama and our defense plays pretty well. Then bring in our I guess 3rd string QB who played JUCO ball and he drives UNT down to inside the 10 yard line of Bama. Then, we put the QB that produced drive and put in I guess our 2nd string freshman QB, and Oh well. Guess it wasn't OK to score against Nick Sabin. Maybe Coach Mac. has to much respect for Coach Sabin. I have seldom if ever seen a coach pull a QB in that situation. Guess we wanted to build McNulty's character, but crush Osborn's for producing a productive drive on the #2 team in the land. Then, Oh well!! What do we arm chair QB's know anyway.

In the DD or Dodge era there were plenty of arm chair QB's not questioned about their posts on the message board. God forbid you read Scotty's board back in the day!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

You guys blame NTEX1990 for requesting Coach Mac. not to experiment? Then you want source documentation. How about UNT playing Alabama and our defense plays pretty well. Then bring in our I guess 3rd string QB who played JUCO ball and he drives UNT down to inside the 10 yard line of Bama. Then, we put the QB that produced drive and put in I guess our 2nd string freshman QB, and Oh well. Guess it wasn't OK to score against Nick Sabin. Maybe Coach Mac. has to much respect for Coach Sabin. I have seldom if ever seen a coach pull a QB in that situation. Guess we wanted to build McNulty's character, but crush Osborn's for producing a productive drive on the #2 team in the land. Then, Oh well!! What do we arm chair QB's know anyway.

In the DD or Dodge era there were plenty of arm chair QB's not questioned about their posts on the message board. God forbid you read Scotty's board back in the day!!!

I think most people were replying to the assumption that McCarney would blow a close game due to a "experimenting" with something that hasn't been tested yet. The late drive against Alabama wasn't a do or die situation therefore it was an acceptable point to try out a goaline package and see how it worked against the reserves of the best defense in the country. McCarney and Chico used that situation to test that package out, it didn't work and therefore it hasn't been attempted in an important situation if at all since. Perfectly acceptable in my book.

• Upvote 1

You also have to consider that CBS ranking is on crack. They have Houston in front of Wisconsin and ULL in front of Florida, Tech, and other much better schools. That being said, we probably are in the 105-115 range.

Yes, the CBS ranking does suck, but we're definitely better than 105-115. Much better.