UNT on ESPN Game day

JRock

Hello fellow Mean Green Nation. After watching ESPN Gameday this season, I have noticed SMU and TCU getting quite the free advertising on the show. Some of the signs being held up by SMU were screaming "What about us?" like the kid in the classroom who won't stop raising their hand. That being said, it was very clever on their part. Kudos to SMU.

I think it's about time we get one of our Alums who lives near one of the schools where future shows will be broadcast. I am kicking myself that I didn't help organize a group of us when the show was here for LSU vs. Oregon and UT vs OU. If it's about us doing our part as fans, I see us making this happen a priority. I am sure we can find someone to help with this. It need not be obnoxious or classless, but something that stands out. I work in media and it's all about getting our brand out there. Wins of course will help with this, but it helps in the current wild west of conference realignment.

Where the DFW media fails, us fans can help. Ideas?

JRock

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This was actually started by a Washington State alum. Basically somebody has waived the WSU in every Gameday presentation except for the first one. The dude who started it basically connects with an alum or fan I guess that is willing and closest to the Gameday broadcast that week and every saturday you'll see the WSU Cougars flag waiving somewhere in the screen.

I only know this because they actually did a story of this on Gameday a couple of years ago that I happen to see.

I don't approve of SMU tactics of hijacking College Gamedays and putting up all this hoopla.

It makes them look like classless hookers on the corner begging for a sugar daddy.

UNT is NOT that type of girl.

Good grief. :huh:

"Some of the signs being held up by SMU were screaming "What about us?" like the kid in the classroom who won't stop raising their hand."

JRock

Edited by JRock

This was actually started by a Washington State alum. Basically somebody has waived the WSU in every Gameday presentation except for the first one. The dude who started it basically connects with an alum or fan I guess that is willing and closest to the Gameday broadcast that week and every saturday you'll see the WSU Cougars flag waiving somewhere in the screen.

I only know this because they actually did a story of this on Gameday a couple of years ago that I happen to see.

Yeah..but it can be done in a classy way. I trust there are no rules on who can show up and not show up. It is indeed a show about college football in general and not just about the two teams playing on that campus. If done right, I see nothing wrong with it.

JRock

I don't approve of SMU tactics of hijacking College Gamedays and putting up all this hoopla.

It makes them look like classless hookers on the corner begging for a sugar daddy.

UNT is NOT that type of girl.

You are right it seems much smarter to do nothing.

I don't think there would be any negative feelings about this if it wasn't SMU who did it.

Edited by playoffpush
  • Upvote 1

100% agree with JRock. Props to SMU. Wish we would have though to do it. It would be great to see NT represented at GameDay

Obviously those of you who watch Game Day aren't paying attention to the crowd. There is always someone in the crowd other than SMU holding up signs. I have seen OSU fans holding up signs when Game Day has been OK. There is always an Aggie in the crowd holding up a sign when Game Day is at UT.

I think it's a great idea.

• Upvote 1

You are right it seems much smarter to do nothing.

I don't think there would be any negative feelings about this if it wasn't SMU who did it.

I never said we shouldn't be there to show support for North Texas, I said that the whole "SMU strategy" is distasteful in my opinion.

"SMU to B12" looks silly when you don't get invited and have to crawl back with your tail between your legs.

That's all.

Rick V and Rawlins are going to put us in the best situation and if they feel we need to promote ourselves publicly about it for a certain situation then they have SEVERAL marketing firms on the standby.

I for one will certainly be pissed if someone made us look silly on National Television with signs relative of SMU doings .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I never said we shouldn't be there to show support for North Texas, I said that the whole "SMU strategy" is distasteful in my opinion.

"SMU to B12" looks silly when you don't get invited and have to crawl back with your tail between your legs.

That's all.

Rick V and Rawlins are going to put us in the best situation and if they feel we need to promote ourselves publicly about it for a certain situation then they have SEVERAL marketing firms on the standby.

I for one will certainly be pissed if someone made us look silly on National Television with signs relative of SMU doings .

Yes...my point exactly. Just signs with the "Screaming Eagle" (I refuse to call it SOW by the way) and UNT. No need to have signs saying "Big East" or "C-USA". It's just about fans throwing up their flags. It's about awareness and marketing a brand.

"Rick V and Rawlins are going to put us in the best situation and if they feel we need to promote ourselves publicly about it for a certain situation then they have SEVERAL marketing firms on the standby."

It's the fans responsibility to. Team ownership from all stakeholders.

JRock

Edited by JRock
  • Upvote 2