Julian Herron finds home at UNT after SMU pulled scholarship

Brett Vito

I love the new shade of green. It's really grown on me. Every time I see the pictures from the Indiana game...I just love that green jersey over white pants with the green helmet. It's a good look.

Good article, too. I hope Julian makes many more great plays for us this year.

Is it possible that the shade of green used in the Indiana game was meaner than any of the other games this year? Look closely... There is a difference... isn't there?

I have a problem with Mac's statement of "God" didn't give him great talent or great size...it seems like Mac goes out of his way to degrade the talent here. Julian is by far the best athlete on the team. He legitimately runs his 40 in the low 4.3s at 6'2 210. He broke the UNT broad jump record by over a foot! He can dunk a basketball by jumping flat-footed. The kid is an absolute freak of an athlete. If this kid was "football smart," he'd play on Sunday's, easily. Julian is a great kid too. I'm very glad that he's a member of the Mean Green and not those scumbags in Dallas. Before the year Mac said we were the smallest and slowest team in division one. Not only is that not true, but we've already played a team in the freaking big ten that was smaller AND slower than we were. It just seems like he's trying to take pressure off himself by misleading the public as to how much talent we have. Just my two cents.

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I have a problem with Mac's statement of "God" didn't give him great talent or great size...it seems like Mac goes out of his way to degrade the talent here. Julian is by far the best athlete on the team. He legitimately runs his 40 in the low 4.3s at 6'2 210. He broke the UNT broad jump record by over a foot! He can dunk a basketball by jumping flat-footed. The kid is an absolute freak of an athlete. If this kid was "football smart," he'd play on Sunday's, easily. Julian is a great kid too. I'm very glad that he's a member of the Mean Green and not those scumbags in Dallas. Before the year Mac said we were the smallest and slowest team in division one. Not only is that not true, but we've already played a team in the freaking big ten that was smaller AND slower than we were. It just seems like he's trying to take pressure off himself by misleading the public as to how much talent we have. Just my two cents.

Go Mean Green!

Could this be a ploy to make other teams overconfident? Sort of "anti smack talk"?

Go Mean Green!

Black jerseys can't be far behind, amirite?

• Upvote 1