McCarney Starting New Photo Album

Harry

The first photograph is 16 years old, taken shortly after Dan McCarney won his first game as a head football coach at Iowa State.

Two of the men in the frame are Dave Butler and Jim McNulty. They were McCarney's teammates during their playing careers at Iowa. On that Thursday night in 1995, they celebrated a wild, 36-21, win over Ohio.

"That's one of my favorite pictures," said McCarney this week. "It was taken a long time ago."

There will be another photograph. Someone snapped it after North Texas beat Indiana, 24-21. There they are - Dave Butler and Jim McNulty helping Dan McCarney celebrate his first victory as the Mean Green's head coach.

"That's a picture I'll cherish for a long time," said McCarney

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/blogs/sully_side_of_sports/the-sully-side-of-sports-mccarney-starting-new-photo-album/article_bf62b6e2-ea63-11e0-9e2a-001cc4c002e0.html

The first photograph is 16 years old, taken shortly after Dan McCarney won his first game as a head football coach at Iowa State.

Two of the men in the frame are Dave Butler and Jim McNulty. They were McCarney's teammates during their playing careers at Iowa. On that Thursday night in 1995, they celebrated a wild, 36-21, win over Ohio.

"That's one of my favorite pictures," said McCarney this week. "It was taken a long time ago."

There will be another photograph. Someone snapped it after North Texas beat Indiana, 24-21. There they are - Dave Butler and Jim McNulty helping Dan McCarney celebrate his first victory as the Mean Green's head coach.

"That's a picture I'll cherish for a long time," said McCarney

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/blogs/sully_side_of_sports/the-sully-side-of-sports-mccarney-starting-new-photo-album/article_bf62b6e2-ea63-11e0-9e2a-001cc4c002e0.html

I wonder if he goes out to "practice" when grades are given.

From DRC

The comfort level the family felt with McCarney was one of the factors that led Andrew McNulty (6-1, 200) to commit to UNT, the only Football Bowl Championship Subdivision school to offer him a scholarship. Iowa, Iowa State and Northern Iowa showed interest.

Clearly every other FBS school in the country missed that this guy could be a true freshman starting qb.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 5

McNulty: 2 star, 5.3 rating by Rivals, recruit with no other FBS offers.

Jones: 3 star, 5.5 rating by Rivals, with offers from Air Force and SFA, played Texas High School football, comparable to JUCO in some parts of the U.S.

Osborn:3 star, 5.5 rating, with a year of JUCO ball under his belt. Can't find information on offers.

Just sayin'.

• Upvote 2