Officiating in our own stadium

glick1980

The first two games at our new stadium have been two of the worst officiated games I have ever seen, and worst of all it has been in favor of the visiting teams. I have never seen such bad ball spots as I did tonight.

Those ball spots were pretty terrible, everyone around us noticed too. NVM who cares, we won!

Go Mean Green!!!

Edited by pastorgrant

I thought the refs called a great game. The pass interference was questionable at the end , but other than that no real complaints

How about the fourth down QB sneak where they weren't even close but somehow got the first down on the spot or the punt out of bounds where they marked it about 10-15 yards too far in favor of Indiana.

Edited by glick1980

The refs in the Houston game were CUSA officials and they were Big Ten officials tonight. The only way to fix this and stop the complaints is to make them employees of the NCAA and take conference affiliation out of it. Since this makes sense, it will never happen.

Bad, bad calls tonight all at critical times. The announcers on ESPN3 made reference to the phantom interference on Hill, the sideline interference call and the horrible spot on the Sth down play mentioned above.

The pass interference call was ridiculous and unacceptable at such a crucial point in the game. Also, the sideline interference call in the first half was strange. The ball spots for Indiana were definitely in their favor.

I watched on ESPN3 (but listened to radio account)l.... that pass interference call was awful...One of the calls the NT annoucers even stated that the person must have cralwed over the first down line because it sure wasn't when he went down.

It seems that BCS refs often make BS calls for their confernece members. Troy was robbed late in the game at LSU a few years ago and UNT was robbed at UT back in late 80's... That one was the worse one ever.... there was at least 6-7 calls that were impossible to believe... They won by about 3 and likely should have lost by 3 TDs..

Get neutral refs for non-conf. games.

• Upvote 2

The past interference call in the 4th was awful. The worst call of the night, really. There were a few missed chop-block calls that should've been called. Finally, there were a few ball-spots that didn't make any damn sense.

In the stands, it looked like he threw a needless elbow into his ribs. Great teaching moment and, in the grand scheme, allows us to keep getting better every game.

The first two games at our new stadium have been two of the worst officiated games I have ever seen, and worst of all it has been in favor of the visiting teams. I have never seen such bad ball spots as I did tonight.

No offense but Royce Hill just struggles and they picked on him all night long. The last TD on him was just embarrassing. The interference was questionsble but then again it truly twastnt. Good kid that tries hard but he has been identified as a weakness in our defense because Wilson targeted him all night. The last IU TD was a complete breakdown and inexcusable in my opinion. Happy for the win but gotta call it like I see it! Hope he plays better agin TU. GMG!

Did that onside kick to ten yards before the kicker touched it? Did not look so from section 108, but I had no angle. Really no problems with officiating.

I thought it looked short, then saw it went about 12 on the replay. I was in 208, so it was semi-similar angle.

1. The first onside went over 10 yards. I want to know why the hell we weren't in onside-kick formation with Indiana down 24-7 with 10 minutes left in the game.

2. The late PI was what is know in the biz as a "sideline call". I always hate seeing those.

3. The sideline interference was warranted, the FJ bumped into a coach during game action. It's an automatic call.