I'll just go ahead and say it

emmitt01

Lol Emmitt, you're one of my favorite posters on here, but c'mon. The first quarter we just didn't show up. We lost our best offensive lineman to injury. If JJ can't get back soon, this could be a long season. We'll be fine though. In all honesty, our defensive scheme has been atrocious. TY Hilton has been single covered all night. By the way, my roommate scored the first TD of the McCarney era.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It was a lie then, and it's a lie now.

We have every bit as much talent on our roster now as we did at the end of last year, and this team is not playing close to the team we saw at the end of last year.

I think this isn't far off. The intensity form the Kansas State game isn't there at all.

JRock

• Upvote 3

I wasn't a coach Canales homer when he joined our staff, but when coach took over as interim HC last year he won me over.

Thing is our current men's basket ball coach was an interim coach at Memphis and look at what he's produced. I hope coach Canales doesn't leave UNT and do much the same thing. I'll never know, but wonder what plays Coach Dodge and Coach Mac won't let Coach Canales call that he'd call if he were our coach? I also wonder what's different about the way coach Canales motivates players this year from last if anything.

Edited by UNTMike81

I look at it both ways. We shouldn't be ass whipped like that against any Sunbelt team......however how much talent does this team really have? I'm willing to give the coaching staff somewhat of a benefit of the doubt.....It is just one game and I am assuming coaching will make the adjustments necessary to compete better.