First UNT Game Tribute: Bottled

JRock

Awesome job. I thought it took a few months to brew homeade beer though? Are you using a store bought set up or something else?

Thank you. It all depends on what type you brew. For this type of Oktoberfest, it takes about 5-15 days to ferment. Then you prime it with sugar in the bottle, which allows the remaining yeast to carbonate the brew. This takes about another 10 days or so. Lagers are normally aged months etc. It's more of an art form than cooking. My buddy is much better at the details than I am. I give him all of the credit for this. I simply wanted to honor our team. We only made 44 bottles.

JRock

• Upvote 1

Jealous. I gave up home brew when kids entered the picture. Not a morality issue more of a time constraint. Typical home brews take about a month start to finish. I have a friend who works for BrewingTV. I'm proud to say I showed him the ropes, but he quickly out paced me.

• Upvote 1

Thank you. It all depends on what type you brew. For this type of Oktoberfest, it takes about 5-15 days to ferment. Then you prime it with sugar in the bottle, which allows the remaining yeast to carbonate the brew. This takes about another 10 days or so. Lagers are normally aged months etc. It's more of an art form than cooking. My buddy is much better at the details than I am. I give him all of the credit for this. I simply wanted to honor our team. We only made 44 bottles.

JRock

Awesome. I'd really like to get into this. Do you favor a website or store that provides the necessary "kit"

• Upvote 1

Awesome. I'd really like to get into this. Do you favor a website or store that provides the necessary "kit"

Sure thing. http://www.homebrewhq.com/ is what we use. You can get the necessary equipment for about $60 plus whatever recipe items you choose. Of course there is a lot of fancier equipment you can purchase but not a necessity.

JRock

• Upvote 1

Jealous. I gave up home brew when kids entered the picture. Not a morality issue more of a time constraint. Typical home brews take about a month start to finish. I have a friend who works for BrewingTV. I'm proud to say I showed him the ropes, but he quickly out paced me.

LOL. I have three kids. Two boys (2 1/2 years and 18 months) and a daughter who is 6...and a very busy career to boot. It can be done. ;)

J

• Upvote 1

Sure thing. http://www.homebrewhq.com/ is what we use. You can get the necessary equipment for about $60 plus whatever recipe items you choose. Of course there is a lot of fancier equipment you can purchase but not a necessity.

JRock

Just finished a 10g batch this morning. Should be ready for mid-season. Got another 20g that's been lagering through the summer in anticipation on the opener and beyond. I keg which helps since I am graphically challenged. I do have a means of tailgating with it though. About to paint it green it holds a 3 gallon keg or about 24 pints

Tailgate Keg

• Upvote 2

Just finished a 10g batch this morning. Should be ready for mid-season. Got another 20g that's been lagering through the summer in anticipation on the opener and beyond. I keg which helps since I am graphically challenged. I do have a means of tailgating with it though. About to paint it green it holds a 3 gallon keg or about 24 pints

Tailgate Keg

Greatness. I bet that lager will be good.

JRock

• Upvote 1

dude...i want two...one to drink, one to save...i will pay cash!!! hahah...looks great jrock

nightmare...i want yours as well...

odd...a dude telling other dudes that 'he wants theirs'...hmm....totally heterosexual@!

• Upvote 1

dude...i want two...one to drink, one to save...i will pay cash!!! hahah...looks great jrock

nightmare...i want yours as well...

odd...a dude telling other dudes that 'he wants theirs'...hmm....totally heterosexual@!

Thanks man. I will have to see how many we have left after the game. You can always come by and see me at tailgate. ;)

JRock