UNT-FIU - Pick Against the Spread

North Texas opens the season against one of the Sun Belt Conference's best teams in Florida International.

FIU returns 15 starters to a team who is expected to challenge Troy for the conference crown this year.

North Texas, on the other hand has a first-year coach and a first-year quarterback both entering into their first road game. . . .

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/806057-ten-college-football-picks-against-the-spread-for-week-1#/articles/806057-ten-college-football-picks-against-the-spread-for-week-1/page/2

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think the article is wrong. It's a first-year coach at North Texas, but not a first-year coach in college football by a long stretch, and he's bringing back the OC from last year. Also, the "first-year quarterback" has seen action the past two seasons, so he's not completely green. FIU may win, but I don't think it's by any more than 10 points.

C'mon now...I have a hard time believing that a a renowned and respected pillar of journalistic integrity like Blee...oh...right...

Rail on the BR all you want, but just realize you're taking on one of the top 50 sites of the year -- obviously.

http://blog.bleacherreport.com/2011/08/16/bleacher-report-one-of-times-top-50-websites-of-2011/

• Upvote 1