Coach McCarney - What a cheerleader for UNT Football

DeepGreen

Just a positive little side note about people knowing about Coach McCarney and our program...

I work in athletics for a high school in East Texas. We were out at practice today and one of our athletes asked me who my college football team is. I told him that I went to North Texas and that I know they haven't won much recently, but that I was still a fan.

One of our new coaches heard me say that and quickly turned and said "Yea, but they're about to start winning." He said that he thinks highly of coach McCarney and was very impressed with what he did at Iowa State. Also mentioned how great of a recruiter he is.

Not many people out in East Texas know much about the Mean Green, especially in our tiny town. So it was nice to hear someone mention our coach and program, and also believe that we are headed towards success.

• Upvote 3

I thought I'd share my McCarney story.

Last weekend I was at Central Market in Plano and ran into an older gentleman decked out in I-State gear. We were both waiting to be served in the meat dept. I turned to him and said we hired your old coach. He went into how great a coach McCarney was and how he turned I-State football around. He also stated he just moved here, with his family, from Iowa and was planning to attend the opening game.

It's great to hear how much respect coach gets from ISU fans. It makes me wonder why the hell did they fire him???

• Upvote 1