Best Scenario

mgfan

Okay, okay, okay...talent wise you're absolutely right. However, I'm going with the psychological play here.

Our team has never played in a facility like this before. The vast majority of our fans have never taken ownership over a facility like this before. Our coaching staff (in most recent years) has never had this much experience and energy. The opening game is going to be electric from all aspects. I think that the overall energy and excitement may be enough to push UH off balance a bit, and, as they start to stumble, it's the same energy that gives our team the edge to pull ahead and seal the deal.

Interesting theory. I looked at SMU and UCF in the first games in their stadia to see how they did.

SMU opened the season in their new stadium coming off of a 4-6 season. They beat Kansas 31-17 on their way to a 3-9 season. Kansas was hardly a world beater themselves going 4-7 that season beating 7-4 UAB, SIU from the FCS, 3-9 Mizzou, and 3-8 Colorado. So SMU did beat probably a better team. It may have been their best win of the season. You can debate 4-7 Kansas or 5-7 Tulsa.

After beating NCSU on the road in their opening week, UCF lost its first game in Bright House Stadium to UT 35-32. UT went on to be 10-3 and finished #10 in the nation. UCF went 10-4, won CUSA, but finished unranked.

What does this mean for the UH/UNT game? Nothing.

Best Scenario would be Bama having half there team set out the first 4 games this year like A.J. Greene from Georgia last year.

Suitgate - Alabama Crimson Tide

Thanks for the Alabama fan for these taking pictures. This will be great! Pictures show Julio Jones and Trent Richardson being photographed at the menswear store in Tuscaloosa. Seems a little odd Julio has some really nice suits for gameday and Trent Richardson signing jerseys at the store that sold the jersey later on.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/julio-...many-suits.php

http://outkickthecoverage.com/why-is...om-albetar.php

http://outkickthecoverage.com/alabam...n-menswear.php

Late to the party here, but commenting on the original question. As far as best scenario? The only team we have no realistic chance at all of beating is Alabama. Otherwise, I look at our schedule, and I don't see another team there that is significantly tougher than K-State was last year, and we hung right there with them--probably should have beaten them. So, if everything goes perfectly right, injuries are kept to a minimum, yada, yada, yada, 11-1 (+ bowl win) is our best case scenario.

That's not my prediction, but that wasn't the question.

• Upvote 1