New Fau Stadium - Extimated $1.8M Game Day Revenue

Florida Atlantic University's new 30,000-seat on-campus football stadium could generate an estimated $1.8 million to FAU and the local economy on each game day, according to the Palm Beach County Sports Commission, a private, not-for-profit organization contracted by Palm Beach County to promote and market the County as a sports and sports tourism destination.

FULL ARTICLE

http://www.gotroytrojans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24951

Edited by MeanGreen61

Assuming a sell-out for each game, that's only $60. per fan. That part is very do able. It's that 30,000 average that's gonna be hard.

GO MEAN GREEN

I have been really impressed with the decisions made by the FAU administration. They have made some very smart decisions with seating. They have valet parking, like a professional sports team. That will take away from tailgating but some older fans just want to drive up and walk in. They also chose to build the stadium with four levels of "premium" seating - basically the entire home side between the 20's is considered "premium" seating (luxury, premier, loge, and club). They built two different clubs to accomodate these premium season ticket holders. All of the loge boxes have been sold out according to their fans on the Belt Board. And they have made it really easy for fans to "split" the cost of a luxury box.

Those premium seats (about 8,000 in total) have access to the two clubs... where the season ticket holder can purchase alcohol. I am going to guess that they will get a higher average of revenue per customer than most football stadiums because of this setup. You can even carry the drinks to your seats. Smart move... for FAU. They have that Boca crowd to entertain and even the Whole Foods has valet parking in Boca. In Denton - this set up would probably not work as well. We like our tailgating. Too much alcohol in Denton would also push the envelope in a much more conservative State.

Anyways, I bet that their new stadium generates a lot of income for them, but not in the traditional college football way.

• Upvote 2

I have been really impressed with the decisions made by the FAU administration. They have made some very smart decisions with seating. They have valet parking, like a professional sports team. That will take away from tailgating but some older fans just want to drive up and walk in. They also chose to build the stadium with four levels of "premium" seating - basically the entire home side between the 20's is considered "premium" seating (luxury, premier, loge, and club). They built two different clubs to accomodate these premium season ticket holders. All of the loge boxes have been sold out according to their fans on the Belt Board. And they have made it really easy for fans to "split" the cost of a luxury box.

Those premium seats (about 8,000 in total) have access to the two clubs... where the season ticket holder can purchase alcohol. I am going to guess that they will get a higher average of revenue per customer than most football stadiums because of this setup. You can even carry the drinks to your seats. Smart move... for FAU. They have that Boca crowd to entertain and even the Whole Foods has valet parking in Boca. In Denton - this set up would probably not work as well. We like our tailgating. Too much alcohol in Denton would also push the envelope in a much more conservative State.

Anyways, I bet that their new stadium generates a lot of income for them, but not in the traditional college football way.

1.8 million dollar economic impact is not even close to the same as 1.8 million dollar revenue. That is the economic impact on the area, not just FAU's revenue.

Besides, if you have seen the OUTRAGEOUS prices for their club level seats, You will understand that their club will be way less than half full.

1.8 million dollar economic impact is not even close to the same as 1.8 million dollar revenue. That is the economic impact on the area, not just FAU's revenue.

Besides, if you have seen the OUTRAGEOUS prices for their club level seats, You will understand that their club will be way less than half full.

Huh? Their premium seating is much less than ours. Even their highest level is about a quarter of the cost. You can get a 'priority' season ticket (including access to the lower level club and a bar to buy drinks from) for about 385 bucks a year. That includes the donation. I think that their approach is to go after quantity and concession (i.e. alcohol) sales. Every seat on the press box side between the 20's is some sort of priority, premium, club, or luxury seat. Just a completely different approach. They don't have the history or fan base to draw from so they are offering amenities. No big deal, both approaches will work. They cam grow their fan base and charge more later. They also have staggered prices for different length commitments (3, 4, 5 year) it OS less per year if you commit to a longer license. Here is a link to the lower priced premium seating...

http://www.fau.edu/stadium/priorseats.html

Edited by stebo
  • Upvote 2