Western Kentucky (2/12/11)

CMJ

One question. If MT is Mediocre TN, then what is WKU ? W Kommonplace U ? Humdrum U ?

When is the last time the Goattoppers beat us in anything ? :ass:

I refuse to let factual accuracy discourage me from borrowing a clever line. :)

Though I do encourage you to point out to Western fans, at every opportunity and as loudly/hurtfully as possible, that MTSU has pretty much owned them across the board in all sports lately.

• Downvote 1

This team seems to have given up. How do you not get up for a game on national tv? All that work to build a name and earn respect, down the tubes.

The Tar Heels, Blue Devils, and Wildcats of the world hit bumps when they are suppose to dominate to...our future is still bright, but probably another 2 or 3 years from the Big Dance though. Looks like we may have spent to much energy in OOC play, while the rest of our conference did not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Tar Heels, Blue Devils, and Wildcats of the world hit bumps when they are suppose to dominate to...our future is still bright, but probably another 2 or 3 years from the Big Dance though. Looks like we may have spent to much energy in OOC play, while the rest of our conference did not.

Maybe but the aforementioned teams have a rich basketball tradition, we do not. So their status doesn't come crashing down as easy.

It's WKU, not WKY.

We're not NTU, and if there's any school in this league that deserves the respect of a properly stated name, it's Western Kentucky.

And how much did WKU pay you for this Little rant? Man, touchy today aren't you? I would imagine that everyone knew who was being mentioned with the WKY (in case you forgot...KY is the abbreviation for the State of Kentucky, so it is not a slam...just sayin'). Good grief. We are referred to as NORTH TEXAS quite a bit and I don't take offense. Calling Western Kentucky University, Western Kentucky like the local papers in their home area do quite often doesn't seem to warrant such a response.

But, maybe you are a closet WKU fan...so be it. Or, maybe it's the Groom-zilla beginning to come out in you as the wedding date approaches. Who knows, but we'll forgive the rant this time. Just watch it, buster! :sword:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Athletically, we are North Texas.

Exactly...just like WKU is Western Kentucky...which would be WKY for those who realize what state abbreviations are these days. Groom-zillas can get a bit touchy the closer to the date it gets.... Looks like a few folks have no sense of humor judging from the reactions to my original response. Too funny!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

Exactly...just like WKU is Western Kentucky...which would be WKY for those who realize what state abbreviations are these days. Groom-zillas can get a bit touchy the closer to the date it gets.... Looks like a few folks have no sense of humor judging from the reactions to my original response. Too funny!

KY is both the abbreviation for Kentucky and a popular brand of sexual lubricant commonly used in homosexual intercourse. Referring to the school as WKU is a tricky way of suggesting that all who attend or support said school are in fact homosexuals.

Just fyi...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

KY is both the abbreviation for Kentucky and a popular brand of sexual lubricant commonly used in homosexual intercourse. Referring to the school as WKU is a tricky way of suggesting that all who attend or support said school are in fact homosexuals.

Just fyi...

Also used in goat breeding