Looks Like Tcu Is Now One Of Them

Mean Green 93-98

TCU doesn't owe Wisconsin a return game. They played on a neutral field and the Horned Frogs won fair and square. The Badgers only want a home game and are not willing to return the favor.

Ttitle should say Wisconsin will not accept a home and home w/ TCU , instead the media is trying to make TCU look like the bad guy. They already have Baylor in Waco that date and don't feel they should get out of that game. This is such a bull$hit story

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

It's not a matter of TCU "owing" Wisconsin a rematch. Regardless of what might happen if the game took place, TCU already won the Rose Bowl. I just hate to see teams run from OOC games that would generate interest and provide good competition. Before the BCS, OOC games were so much better than they are now. And now, TCU is contributing to the problem.

Just a couple of years ago, TCU was glad to play the big boys with no return game.

The past couple of years, they have complained (rightfully so) that the big boys wouldn't play them, weakening their schedule and potentially keeping them out of better bowl games.

Now they are acting like all the other BCS AQ teams, avoiding tough competition for OOC games.

If TCU is just angling for a return game, that's cool, but I don't read it that way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

It's not a matter of TCU "owing" Wisconsin a rematch. Regardless of what might happen if the game took place, TCU already won the Rose Bowl. I just hate to see teams run from OOC games that would generate interest and provide good competition. Before the BCS, OOC games were so much better than they are now. And now, TCU is contributing to the problem.

Just a couple of years ago, TCU was glad to play the big boys with no return game.

The past couple of years, they have complained (rightfully so) that the big boys wouldn't play them, weakening their schedule and potentially keeping them out of better bowl games.

Now they are acting like all the other BCS AQ teams, avoiding tough competition for OOC games.

If TCU is just angling for a return game, that's cool, but I don't read it that way.

How are they adding to a problem when there was never a contract to begin with ? If anyone is adding to the problem it's UNLV.

Wisconsin could play in Ft Worth this year since they do not have a road OOC.Now if that was the deal and TCU declined , then yeah TCU would be adding to the problem

I wouldn't call TCU avoiding competition. They have home and home agreements in the next few years with LSU & Arkansas

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

GMoney is right, MWC screwed the Frogs with the Boise deal and with that game being the last game in the season it sets up as an unofficial title game.

TCU will also be breaking in a brand new QB and they still have high aspirations for the season, no point in starting off the season up there.

this is the real reason. they lost their senior qb and will not be as good next year.

I really doubt that's the reason. I think the real reason is that Baylor and TCU will garner more interest in their fan bases than Wisconsin and TCU. Those 2 fan bases don't really like each other too much.

I just saw Wisconsin play TCU last month.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

The article makes it very clear a 1 for 1 contract would get a different reception than a 1 and done. Why doesn't Wisconsin want to come to Ft Worth?

Well, it was a 3rd party trying to put this together, and the article doesn't say Wisconsin doesn't want to come to fort worth. Purely speculation that they don't.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well, it was a 3rd party trying to put this together, and the article doesn't say Wisconsin doesn't want to come to fort worth. Purely speculation that they don't.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is a behind the scene move by the MWC trying to make TCU look bad.

Really no need for TCU to take that game. The already have a in state game that their fans and possible recruits can go see (baylor) vs play a team up north that they just beat

I don't think Wisconsin is the bad guy here. They were just asked if they wanted to host TCU to start off the season and said yes

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is a behind the scene move by the MWC trying to make TCU look bad.

Really no need for TCU to take that game. The already have a in state game that their fans and possible recruits can go see (baylor) vs play a team up north that they just beat

I don't think Wisconsin is the bad guy here. They were just asked if they wanted to host TCU to start off the season and said yes

ESPN is the third party in this issue. :angry:

GO FROGS!!!!

GO MEAN GREEN EAGLES!!!!

PS: And yes, I do bleed purple!!