Drc - About Last Night

gruu

I know this isnt the popular thing to say but TT isnt the biggest issue. Josh's man KILLED him off the dribble, penetrating at will, and then Josh gave us literally nothing on the offensive end. At least with Tristan you can hope he outduels his man. Josh has been a ghost lately. And the of course there's been "the equalizer" Knox...he's always good for a eight point swing, the wrong way.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I know this isnt the popular thing to say but TT isnt the biggest issue. Josh's man KILLED him off the dribble, penetrating at will, and then Josh gave us literally nothing on the offensive end. At least with Tristan you can hope he outduels his man. Josh has been a ghost lately. And the of course there's been "the equalizer" Knox...he's always good for a eight point swing, the wrong way.

Shorter and Holmen were easily as bad on D as TT last night. Holmen gave just about the laziest effort I've ever seen from a Mean Greener... Had JJ reserved more that 2 seats in the doghouse there would have been no way Holmen was on the floor. Maybe Knoxxy could just start jacking ill-advised 3's... make at least 2 of them and people think you played a great game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

I hate to pile on here, but the play that made me sick was when lil' Taylor went into the paint, grabbed an offensive rebound and put it back up and in while the Mean Green Bigs stood around and watched him do it.

Taylor is a heckuva player, don't get me wrong, but he should never, ever get an offensive rebound in the paint when 2-3 Mean Green players are in there with him.

Josh has been a ghost lately.

He'd been in double figures the last three games before last night and led the team in scoring at least once (I believe twice, but I'm too lazy to look at the moment). The fact is, blame is easy to go around right now - and since we've lost three in a row it doesn't seem like any of the guys are playing particularly well.

Really, other than Odufuwa (sans Free throws, which killed us at points) and especially Hogans - nobody did play well last night.

Edited by CMJ

I did a quick look at our box scores during the losing streak. Didn't tabulate rebounds/assists but I averaged the points of our 5 main scoring threats just to see how they've played.

Dominique Johnson: 8.3 PPG

Kedrick Hogans: 10.6 PPG

George Odufuwa: 11 PPG

Josh White: 12.3 PPG

Tristan Thompson: 14 PPG

Looking at the numbers, the offensive production isn't really lacking that much. Most of the players are near their season averages (and in Hogans case exceeding it). Obviously the defensive end is where we're getting abused.

Edited by CMJ

I hate to pile on here, but the play that made me sick was when lil' Taylor went into the paint, grabbed an offensive rebound and put it back up and in while the Mean Green Bigs stood around and watched him do it.

Taylor is a heckuva player, don't get me wrong, but he should never, ever get an offensive rebound in the paint when 2-3 Mean Green players are in there with him.

Yeah...saw that...that was REALLY pathetic on our part. 3 big men just standing around. Also, that was some of the laziest passing I have ever witnessed. Really a pathetic effort. But...how do I REALLY feel?? :whistling1:

There were too bright spots for me last night...the crowd and getting to talk with some great Mean Green fans and athletic staffers in the Mean Green Room before the game. Got to have some El Guapo's Mexican food with several of GMG.com's greats (thank you El Guapo for braving the elements to be there with the chow), and that is always a very good thing. I appreciated the fact that the athletic staffers made the effort to get to the game and to open the Mean Green Room. Folks at our table had driven from Frisco, McKinney, Ft. Worth (but heading back to Granberry), Dallas and Denton to get to the game and support the Mean Green. Thanks to all for the effort made to make the game...Great fans...super job!

I guess my disappointment was that the team's effort no where near matched those great fans of the Mean Green who braved the elements to get to the game. Great job students as well. There was a very nice turnout last night...attendance figures say 4100+ (which might be stretching it a bit in my opinion, but who cares?). I simply cannot recall a game where the Mean green played so poorly on defense...and offense. I won't single any player out here for criticism, but i will add that George had another double-double (however, we could have used some free throws going in, big George).

Sad that the fans made such an effort just to see the team sort of play like they could care less! Better get some fire before the tournament...still a possible first round bye, but even that is not looking like such a "sure thing" these days...may have to win out to get that bye.

See you at the next game at the Super Pit...then on to Hot Springs!

GO MEAN GREEN! Thanks folks in the Mean Green Room for helping to make my bride and I's decision to attend the game a good one. You guys are GREAT!