Vito's "signing Day Surprise"

SUMG

For some reason, that link to the D-RC is broken. Anyway, Brett speculates that we're going to steal Dallas Woodrow Wilson LB Chad Polk on signing date. He is currently committed to Sam Houston State. May be a great player though, who is being shunned because he's undersized....

I found his camp results to be pretty good until I saw the best vertical leap of the OLB prospects.

Video

Edited by UNTLifer

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/01/woodrow-wilson-duo-chad-polk-and-ishmael.html

I did find this article from Corbett Smith which gave some stats and stated that he was at one time on the DMN Area Top 100.

My feelings right now are if I'm at an FCS school and get some one of this caliber then I think that it's great. But, if I'm at an FBS college then I believe that it's a reach. My apologies if I'm wrong.

A little more on Polk:

The 6-0, 190-pound Polk was one of the top linebackers in the area this season. During the regular season, Polk had 98 total tackles, 14 sacks, two forced fumbles, five pass break-ups, and a blocked kick.

For the better part of the year, Polk was listed No. 86 in the HSGametime Area Top 100. He fell out of the current rankings, as those with offers from FBS schools moved in.

Polk did have an offer from a Big 12 school -- Baylor -- earlier in the recruiting process. But when he attended a Baylor camp, according to Estes, he didn't perform well, and the scholarship offer was rescinded. That, combined with a clerical error during a combine that misstated one of his recorded times, had Polk drop in the eyes of many schools, said Estes.

"Chad's a heck of a football player," Estes said. "My guess is they'll be a lot of Division I schools wondering on how they missed him once it is all over with."

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2011/01/woodrow-wilson-duo-chad-polk-and-ishmael.html

Sounds like a player who could potentially have a lot of upside. With his size, I do not see him starting at any defensive position his freshman year. But after a year or two with our new drill sergeant, he could be well worth the risk.

EDIT: Just saw that GrayEagle linked to the same story. At any rate, that's the pertinent info from the story.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

4 year starter. Only other 4 yr starter at Wilson is now in the NFL. Speaks volumes to me.

I don't care what the numbers say, give me a kid who knows the game and plays with passion and purpose, and coach will find a way to use him.

This class is shaping up to be strong, and I love our pipeline in DISD and Cedar Hill/Duncanville.

Edited by FloMoGrad

4 year starter. Only other 4 yr starter at Kimble is now in the NFL. Speaks volumes to me.

I don't care what the numbers say, give me a kid who knows the game and plays with passion and purpose, and coach will find a way to use him.

This class is shaping up to be strong, and I love our pipeline in DISD and Cedar Hill/Duncanville.

I assume you're talking about Sergio Kindle, but he went to Dallas Wilson. Either way, 4 years as a varsity player is impressive.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 year starter. Only other 4 yr starter at Kimble is now in the NFL. Speaks volumes to me.

I like Lemon's stats: Sr. 98 tackles, 14 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 5 pass breakups, and a blocked punt.

4.5 speed doesn't hurt, Named all central Texas, offers from Florida International, UH, La Tech, Missouri, New Mexico st, Rice, A&M, per his web site.

I like Lemon's stats: Sr. 98 tackles, 14 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, 5 pass breakups, and a blocked punt.

4.5 speed doesn't hurt, Named all central Texas, offers from Florida International, UH, La Tech, Missouri, New Mexico st, Rice, A&M, per his web site.

The only stat that kept him from a big time AQ program is his height. I was talking more height/weight measurables than on-field performance. I agree, his game stats speak for themselves, nearly a sack per game. That's huge.

For some reason, that link to the D-RC is broken. Anyway, Brett speculates that we're going to steal Dallas Woodrow Wilson LB Chad Polk on signing date. He is currently committed to Sam Houston State. May be a great player though, who is being shunned because he's undersized....

6 Ft, 200 Lbs. Yeah...what a shrimp!!! :rolleyes1:

• Downvote 1

You mean Polk's right?

Lemon is the O-lineman from Marble Falls.

Nevertheless, Polk looks like a nice pickup. Reminds me of Stokojovic and Lee. Just a flat ass football player who flies all over the field making plays!

Edited by UNT Mean Green