Antoine Jimmerson

DeSoto RB Antoine Jimmerson is scheduled to visit this weekend.

Here's some "stuff" on him:

ESPN Profile

Jimmerson is a well-rounded back with good natural skill-set at the position. Has good size and is sturdy with a strong overall body. Quick to and through the hole and follows his blocks well. A smooth, almost gliding back with good footwork and a feel for the cutback. Changes direction sharply and can be elusive through the hole and second level with his ability to change speeds. Shows good burst and suddenness out of his cuts when he finds a seam. Like to see him run more behind his pads, but he breaks a lot of first contact, particularly high arm tackles with his strong upper-body. Difficult to knock off balance and he looks to finish runs with good downhill momentum and second efforts. Can hurt defenses with his ability to get outside as well. Flashes above average lateral quickness and burst when stretching the ball outside. Displays good acceleration when he turns the corner and has the top-end speed to rip off an occasional long run. However, he is not an elusive game-breaker in the second level often missing the extra cut to spring long runs. Shows flashes of good hands and receiving skills but will need to continue polishing up in that area. Overall, Jimmerson is still under the radar in our eyes with his versatile skill-set and upside if teams are patient with his physical development.

Notes from Dallas Under Armour Combine

South Dallas speed

Running back Antoine Jimmerson (DeSoto, Texas/DeSoto) put together one of the top testing days featuring a 4.50 40, 4.41 shuttle (5-10-5), 7.27 L-cone drill and a 31-inch vertical. The 5-8, 198-pounder is receiving looks from a number of regional programs. He flashed his darting quickness and fluidity, while changing directions throughout the day.

He tested much faster than the speed shown on Rivals (4.85). He now has breakaway speed and should be able to finish runs. Could develop into something special.

If not Jimmerson, what is the status of Tyler Middleton? Has he visited? He's a little taller, not quite as heavy, has great speed and wants to come here.

Until I see otherwise, I still hold out hope that David Cobb qualifies and joins the Mean Green.

He tested much faster than the speed shown on Rivals (4.85). He now has breakaway speed and should be able to finish runs. Could develop into something special.

If not Jimmerson, what is the status of Tyler Middleton? Has he visited? He's a little taller, not quite as heavy, has great speed and wants to come here.

Until I see otherwise, I still hold out hope that David Cobb qualifies and joins the Mean Green.

As far as Cobb is concerned...I wonder if Stanford still has room for him since they have two 4-star RB commitments already? That has to be going through his head...will he see any playing time there and how long would it take to get him on the field at Stanford when he could be starting 3 years at North Texas with his abilities.

That is good to hear since Rivals had is 40 time at 4.85. Sounds like a very good back.

I've seen this kid play a few times, and Jimmerson is a great find. Heck of an athlete! (I hope he's this good) but he reminded me of a young Kendall Hunter (Oklahoma State) in terms of his actions and body language.

4.85 in the 45 yd dash maybe, but he's a legit low 4.5 guy in the 40yd no question. I think under Coach Wintrich's guidance he'll be a stout 5'9" 205 and a real 4.4 guy.

Jimmerson and Whitfield will be an exciting duo for years to come.