So Long To The Mean Green Club Deck?

FirefightnRick

F yer, why so negative all of a sudden? None of this is recent news. You act like it is some clandestine plot to price out folks and take away benefits. In fact, the Mean Green Club is reviewing benefits and will definitely be adding some in the near future. Your post almost sounds like the kind of "class warfare" and "class envy" being touted by the democratic party day in and day out. Look, when my wife and I had three kids at home and we were starting out in our careers, I certainly couldn't afford Club Level seating. But, I wouldn't blast the university and administration for trying to upgrade facilities and sell seats and work on donation levels. It's not "class warfare". It's no problem if one cannot purchase Club Level seating or stadium seating between the 40's due to circumstances or simply because they don't want to do so, and I have not heard anyone jumping any one's case for opting to not purchase or participate in the Mean Green Club's efforts to increase membership. That effort is voluntary just like it is voluntary to purchase Club level seating or not. Yes, some folks get more benefits because they are in a position to donate more at this time of their life. Heck, I wish I could afford the Boxes at the new stadium. I can't and even if I could I doubt that I would purchase in that level. BUT, I do not begrudge those that can pay that price or choose (it is voluntary you know) to pay that price the extra benefits they will receive.

The stadium hasn't even hosted it's first game and folks are starting to complain already about this or that. It is all voluntary. Let me say that again...it is all voluntary. You get to pick what you want to do and what you don't want to do. There will be alternatives to the deck...such as the Alumni Pavilion and great tailgating before and after the games.

Sales are going well by the way. When one compares the support the program has been receiving the past few years with the demand for the Club Level and box seating one can surmise that sales are, indeed, going well. Will they be sold out before the stadium opens, I doubt it. Heck, if you counted all the current season ticket holders UNT has they probably wouldn't account for all the Club level and Box seating. Having sold 1/3 of the Club level seating and, as I am told, a majority of the box seating already isn't bad in my book for UNT given its record of past non-support.

The glass is either half-full or it's half-empty. You get to choose which it is.....Smile, Flyer, it's not like you to be so gloomy!

GO MEAN GREEN!

I am not railing against those who have on behalf of those who don't. What I'm saying is that the AD took a nice benefit (the Deck) and eliminated it. In response they are saying you can just buy club level seats. Well for one, many of us can't afford that. Second, the deck was open to all MGC members where the club is not. The club will be open to club seat ticket holders and suite holders. 1000 people, tops.

Why not have the athletic center patio as the new Deck? It costs nothing extra in capital expenditures, and only minimal variable costs. In fact, I would be willing to pay for access to this area like we do for basketball.

Finally, while I LOVE the pavillion it is not an alternative to the deck because you cannot watch the game from inside.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think what flyer is getting at is those that could only afford to give in the lower levels of the MGC have now had a huge incentive to do so removed. Sure, some of them will step up to go to the club level, but most can't or won't. It doesn't freaking matter if that annoys you, it's simple economics. Some of them aren't a super fan like you are and won't pay the price for no real incentive.

If there is some incentive added for those people, then it will help offset, but if not, what are they paying that money for?

Guest JohnDenver

what are they paying that money for?

The ability to sit lower level at the 50 yard line?

My gut tells me there will be a deck, somewhere, some how. The AD people keep saying "the CL is the only area that we know of right now where you can buy alchohol." Then they reference some standing room only seating. For right now they are trying to push people to the CL with the lure of cup holders and liquor.

No diss on those that don't want or can't do the CL. It does suck to lose a feature. You are gaining a huge feature though, a REAL stadium where you can see over the players on the sidelines. I would give up any deck for that upgrade. They didn't raise the minimum level donation to sit at the 50, which I thought they would do.

I think what flyer is getting at is those that could only afford to give in the lower levels of the MGC have now had a huge incentive to do so removed. Sure, some of them will step up to go to the club level, but most can't or won't. It doesn't freaking matter if that annoys you, it's simple economics. Some of them aren't a super fan like you are and won't pay the price for no real incentive.

If there is some incentive added for those people, then it will help offset, but if not, what are they paying that money for?

.....sarcasm alert.....

Money Shmoney. It's only money after all? Hell JD say's the one time stadium donation, $6,000 and some change was the example he used, doesn't even factor in? You just sort of "Mind Over Matter" that $6,000 away? Sort of, "If my wife doesn't mind, then it(I) won't matter? :lol:

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

This was hard for me to believe, but I'm just curious how many of you knew that one of the best features of the Stadium/AC Center, the massive deck over looking the South Endzone that most of us thought would be the natural new location of the Mean Green Club Deck, will not be used?

Rick

When I talked to Mandy McKinley, she was very clear that the "Deck" was going away.

It may not have been announced with any kind of fanfare, but I don't think it was ever intended to be a secret either.

The ability to sit lower level at the 50 yard line?

My gut tells me there will be a deck, somewhere, some how. The AD people keep saying "the CL is the only area that we know of right now where you can buy alchohol."

As of Tuesday a week ago this was not a consideration at all with AD dept MGC staff members. The CL is the replacement of the deck. That could change between now and then and I hope it does. We shall see.

Rick

• Upvote 3

When I talked to Mandy McKinley, she was very clear that the "Deck" was going away.

It may not have been announced with any kind of fanfare, but I don't think it was ever intended to be a secret either.

Well if you were standing there long enough to hear what she had to say then a huge round of applause to you sir. :goodjob:

Rick

• Upvote 3

Guest JohnDenver

.....sarcasm alert.....

Money Shmoney. It's only money after all? Hell JD say's the one time stadium donation, $6,000 and some change was the example he used, doesn't even factor in? You just sort of "Mind Over Matter" that $6,000 away? Sort of, "If my wife doesn't mind, then it(I) won't matter? :lol:

Rick

Money can't spend itself. That is why I am here to help. Anyone want to buy a VW Mean Green beetle to offset my cost?

Does anyone not employed by the University think we're going to sell out Club Level Seating?

The club level and suites will sell better once potential buyers can actually get up there and see the product. It's like telling customers about a new car vs. once they can sit in it and feel the power...

That said, many of us have already experienced the new stadium view from the AC deck and were satisfied with that by itself, sort of a poor-man's club level if you will. I don't know how far exactly the scoreboard will be off the ground, but it will not be the entire width of the AC deck.

That is not the real problem. The new, lower level fixed signage being installed behind the endzone sides will block the field view from the sides of the deck...eyelevel on the deck over the top of them is to the portals on the wingzone section.

Edited by NT80

Does anyone know if we are able to sell the seat license of we move? Let's say that I purchase the seat license for whatever level and pay it out over 5 years and then get a great job offer in year 6 when my per year costs would go down to 1100 bucks instead of 2500, can I sell my seats to someone on a waiting list or is it just gone?

Does anyone know if we are able to sell the seat license of we move? Let's say that I purchase the seat license for whatever level and pay it out over 5 years and then get a great job offer in year 6 when my per year costs would go down to 1100 bucks instead of 2500, can I sell my seats to someone on a waiting list or is it just gone?

I think the answer is your avatar! :D

• Upvote 1

You can sell your seats, but it would have to be done through a private contract between you and the buyer. Meaning: You are still responsible for payment, and then the person you sell the seats to will reimburse you. Thats the bad news.

The good news is that you can resell the seats for a profit if the market allows. Say we eventually get into a better conference and become top 25 ranked consistently, then you can resell the seats for whatever market value you can get out of them. But it has to be through a private contract.

Stebo,

You are not buying a PSL, you are making a tax-deductible donation to the stadium.

After you pay your donation (3125/seat over five years for the Silver section), you retain the right to your seats as long as you continue to pay the annual MGC donation and buy the tickets.

If you die, your family can assume the rights but there will be a transfer payment due (cost not yet decided).

One note: the actual cost of a seat, $58.33/game, is a real value for the quality of seat and amenities you get for it (gratis food and non-alcohol beverage, climate controlled comfort if the weather merits, priority parking benefits, etc), and you get the option to purchase similar seating for other events held at the stadium.

GMG

Stebo,

You are not buying a PSL, you are making a tax-deductible donation to the stadium.

After you pay your donation (3125/seat over five years for the Silver section), you retain the right to your seats as long as you continue to pay the annual MGC donation and buy the tickets.

If you die, your family can assume the rights but there will be a transfer payment due (cost not yet decided).

One note: the actual cost of a seat, $58.33/game, is a real value for the quality of seat and amenities you get for it (gratis food and non-alcohol beverage, climate controlled comfort if the weather merits, priority parking benefits, etc), and you get the option to purchase similar seating for other events held at the stadium.

GMG

So if I lose my job, get promoted to another city, or cannot renew one year, I am screwed. That is $12,500 down the drain. I think that is what you are saying, lol. My math says that it is $12,500 for the first five years, which is about $500 bucks a game. And that is for the 10 yard line. $6500 for two seats (thank god I don't have any kids yet) - so that is $1300 a year, $500 donation, and then $700 bucks for two season tickets. Hopefully we will continue to have 6 games a year at home. So that is $2500 bucks a year. Divide that by 6 games and that is $416 per game for two seats on the 10 yard line. About $208 bucks a game per seat. Would you be happy paying $208 bucks per seat to watch Louisiana-Monroe? Seriously, think this through - after gas and buying food and drinks, you are going to drop about $500 or $600 bucks per game to watch 4 Sun Belt games and a couple of non-conference foes. Some people can do that and not think twice about it - when I owned the bar, I could just buy this stuff through the business checkbook and write it off as a business expense. It gets a little more complicated when you are paying it for the love of the game. I have a really good friend that posts on here - he gives at a high level and has for years. The reason that he gives so much? Because he can be a big shot and take his guests onto the desk with him. I can't believe that the Club Seat owners will not even be able to bring their guests up to their "Club"... Sure they wouldn't have anywhere to sit but that might be the little difference that will push people to ante up (or split the cost). The problem is simple - you want to enjoy the game with your friends. If you have some friends that cannot (or will not) commit to $12,500 bucks - then you will probably just stick with the lower level seating and not mess with the club seats. That would make the club seats something that is there primarily to entertain corporate clients. And I guess that is really what they are - a way to buy individual seats to luxury box amenities. But to go from what we have now - to no options at all - is a big drop off. Maybe they plan on selling beer in the stadium?

I want to add that these prices are based on a 6 game schedule - something that we have been able to pull off for the last 2 years. If we have a scheduling issue and only have 5 home games, the cost per game goes up by about 20%. After 5 years, my seat "donation" will be paid off and I will just pay $1200 bucks per year. THAT comes out to $200 per game, or $100 per seat per game. I have no idea where the $58.33 a game is coming from unless you are planning on buying 4 or maybe even 6 seats? If that is the case, I take my hat off to you. I am having trouble wrapping my mind around the $12,500 commitment.

I think that there "should" be some middle ground - a smart businessman would offer lots of premium seating options for the new stadium. Check out what FAU is doing - about 8000 seats (of different giving levels) with access to different levels of premium, priority, loge, and luxury seating. All with the ability to PURCHASE alcohol and food (thus providing the University with more per game revenue). You see, you don't get the alcohol for free - you BUY it. So at NT, the ticket to get into the exclusive club is about $2500 bucks a year for the right to spend more money on beer and food. Hey, but the elevators are free! So are the soft drinks! And no surcharge for the air conditioning or televisions ;)

I did figure out that the Touchdown Terrace had been skiddled about 6 months ago. And it is too late to change prices because a significant amount of people have bought club seats. All that being said - I think there should have been a level to accomodate more people in the middle. It is going to be very boring in that exclusive Club with only about 100-200 people in there (and no guests allowed). My idea would be to give mid range donors access to the Club Level but keep an usher at the door to make sure that they do not use any empty seats (which means that they have no view of the field). That would allow the $1000 - $2000 dollar donor to have a place to enjoy a beer or three. The department would make more money from the food and drink sales; and the club seats would still have the only seat to view the actual game.

Take a look at the FAU options - they really thought this through and will probably bring in more money as a result (and more per game because the more people that have access - the more income comes in from selling beer and food).

http://www.fau.edu/stadium/seating.html

__

Suites

About

A total of 24 suites will be located on the west side of the stadium in the press box area will offer spectacular views of the game and provide a memorable venue to entertain corporate clients, family and/or friends.

The suites will be uniform in size and décor and each one will accommodate 22 people. All suites will have operable glass windows so guests can experience all the game-day excitement while enjoying a climate-controlled environment. The stadium concessionaire will offer upscale food and beverage services. All premium seating areas, including suites, will be able to purchase alcohol.

The suites will offer a lounge and conversation area, flat-screen televisions, kitchenette/bar area, refrigerator and icemaker, internal speaker system, high-speed Internet connection and theater seating.

Amenities

Concierge service

Exclusive elevator access

Accommodates 22 people, including 20 season tickets and 2 suite passes

Will include 6 parking passes, including 2 valet

Climate-controlled suite with operable windows

In-suite lounge area with catering and beverage service

Flat-screen televisions

High-speed Internet connection

Access to all premium club levels in the stadium

Comfortable seats with great sight lines to the field

Game programs

Ability to purchase additional parking passes

Suite lease includes all events in the stadium, excluding tickets

Donation Requirements

First priority given to donors that make a minimum contribution of $100,000 (over 5 years).

Suite commitments are for five-, four-, or three-year terms:

◦5 years ($26,750 Annually), 4 years ($29,760 Annually), 3 years ($32,760 Annually)

If you itemize, you may be able to deduct 80 percent of the designated donation for suites as a charitable contribution on your federal income tax return, thus reducing your taxable income and your tax liability by an amount equal to 80 percent of your marginal tax rate IRS Tax Code 170(1). Consult your tax adviser regarding your situation.

Reserving Suites

A minimum gift payment of $20,000 must be received at signing and on or before each anniversary date (of the gift agreement) after.

Complete a suite commitment letter.

If your commitment letter results in a suite assignment and you decide not to fulfill the entire commitment, your gift deposit will be forfeited.

If your first years term payment is paid in full by Dec 31, 2010 you get double priority points.

Full payment is required by May 6, 2011. Payments for the suites can be an option.

To reserve your suite, call Terry Mohajir, 561.297.0131 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 561.297.0131 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

Group Commitments for Suites

Group commitments for suites will be accepted. A group commitment is limited to four individuals for a single suite.

The Athletics Department will recognize up to four individuals/entities listed on an agreement and provide related Owl Club benefits for each person's share of the annual gift for the suite.

If an individual from your group opts out before the end of the lease agreement, the remaining group members will be responsible for the commitment or for finding a replacement.

Assignment of Suites

Suite assignments will be based on the Owl Club priority point program.

Each person's priority point total will be ranked with other who applicants in descending order to determine availability of suite preferences and suite locations.

In cases where a group has applied for a suite, the highest individual point total within the group will be used to determine availability of suite preferences and suite locations.

___

Loge Boxes

About

A total of 26 loge boxes located on the west side of the stadium will offer spectacular views of the game and provide a memorable venue to entertain family and friends on football Saturdays.

The loge boxes will be located outdoor at the premier club level and in front of the premier club lounge. We will offer 16 six-seat and 10 four-seat loge box options in that area. All boxes will have comfortable chairs with flat-screen televisions and a drink rail. The stadium concessionaire will offer upscale food and concierge services. All premium seating areas, including loges, will be able to purchase alcohol.

The loge boxes holders will have access to the premier and priority club areas.

The loge boxes will have access to all premium areas.

Amenities

Concierge service

Access to the premier club and priority club

Flat-screen television

Access to private restrooms in the premier club

Comfortable seats with great sight lines to the field

Game programs

Season tickets are included in the price of the box

Buffet-style food included in the price

Two parking passes for a six-seat box; one parking pass for a four-seat box (one valet for both are included in the price)

Loge box agreements include all additional events in the stadium, excluding tickets

Donation Requirements

Loge commitments are for three-, four-, or five-year terms.

◦5 seasons ($8,560 [six seat] and $5,707 [four seat] annually)

◦4 seasons (($9,060 [six seats] and $6,207 [four seats] annually)

◦3 seasons ($9,560 [six seats] and $6,707 [four seats] annually)

First priority is given to donors that make a minimum contribution of $12,500 (over 5 years).If you itemize, you may be able to deduct 80 percent of the designated donation for suites as a charitable contribution on your federal income tax return, thus reducing your taxable income and your tax liability by an amount equal to 80 percent of your marginal tax rate - IRS Tax Code 170(1). Consult your tax adviser regarding your situation.

Reserving Loge Boxes

A minimum gift payment of $2,500 must be received at signing and on or before each anniversary date (of the gift agreement) thereafter.

Complete a loge box commitment letter.

If your commitment letter and deposit results in a loge box assignment and you decide not to fulfill the entire commitment, your reservation deposit will be forfeited.

If your first years term payment is paid in full by December 31, 2010, you get double priority points.

Full payment is required by May 6, 2011. Payments for the loge box can be an option.

To reserve your loge box call Terry Mohajir, 561.297.0131 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 561.297.0131 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

Group Commitments for Loge Boxes

Group commitments for loge boxes will be accepted. A group commitment is limited to two individuals for a single loge box.

The Athletic Department will recognize up to two individuals/entities listed on an agreement and provide related Owl Club benefits for each person's share of the annual gift for the loge box.

If an individual from your group opts out before the end of the lease agreement, the remaining person will be responsible for the commitment or for finding a replacement.

Assignment of Loge Box

Loge box assignments will be based on the Owl Club priority point program.

Each person's priority point total will be ranked with other applicants in descending order to determine availability and assign box locations.

In cases where a group has applied for a box, the highest individual point total within the group will be used to determine availability of loge box preferences and suite locations.

___

Premier Club Seats

About

The Premier Club level will have more than 1,000 outdoor club seats and an interior lounge with restrooms and upgraded food areas for club patrons. Outdoor club seating will feature chairback seats, cup holders and ample legroom.

Elevators will take patrons to the club levels for expansive views of the field from the lounge or their seats.

The Premier Club features flat-screen televisions for scores and highlights, upscale food and beverage services and comfortable lounge furniture. All premium seating levels, including club spaces, will be able to purchase alcohol.

Amenities

Prime sight lines to the field

Upscale cuisine and beverage service

Climate-controlled lounge with spectacular views and comfortable furniture

Private restrooms

In-lounge, flat-screen televisions

Outdoor chairback seats with abundant legroom and cup holders

Buffet-style food included

Parking included for every two seats bought

Opportunity to group blocks of seats together - ask for sit with program

Access to the Premier Club and Priority Club

First right to purchase tickets for all other events hosted in the stadium

Donation Requirements

Donation requirements for premier club seats are based on five home games. The price will adjust if there are more than five home games, unless you lock-in to a term. Your seat location will be determined based on your priority points.

◦Premier commitments are for five- to one-year terms:

■$1,080 for minimum term of five years.

■$1,180 for minimum term of four years.

■$1,280 for minimum term of three years.

■$1,380 for minimum term of two years.

■$1,480 for minimum term of one year.

Multi-year agreements will lock-in your seat location and price for that term.

If you itemize, you may be able to deduct 80 percent of your annual donation for club seats (after tickets, food and parking is deducted) as a charitable contribution on your federal income tax return, thus reducing your tax liability by an amount equal to 80 percent of your marginal tax rate - IRS Tax Code 170(1). Consult your tax adviser regarding your situation.

Reserving Premier Club Seats

Deposit of 10% of the term. The remaining 90% balance will be due May 6, 2011. Balance (90% each term) for subsequent year, will be due in May of each term.

If your application results in an assignment of club seats and you decide not to fulfill the first year's annual contribution, you will forfeit your deposit.

Assignment of Premier Club Seats

Assignments will be based on the Owls Club priority point program.

Each person's priority point total will be ranked with those of other club seat applicants in descending order to determine availability and to assign location preferences and specific locations.

Group seating requests can be accommodated. If you desire to sit with another club seat patron, please note the "sit with" request. Your priority point totals will be averaged to determine your ranking for assignments.

___

Priority Club Seats

About

The 4,000+ outdoor club seats (chairback) are located on the lower level on the west side and will have access to a 16,000-square-foot, covered outdoor lounge to view the game. The lounge features flat-screen televisions for scores and highlights, upscale food and beverage services and comfortable lounge furniture. Those in all premium seating levels, including club spaces, will be able to purchase alcohol.

Amenities

Prime sight lines to the field

Upscale cuisine and beverage service, including the ability to purchase alcohol

Exclusive priority club access

In-lounge, flat-screen televisions

Outdoor chairback, wider chairs, with abundant legroom and cup holders

Opportunity to purchase season parking permit

Opportunity to group blocks of seats together

First right to purchase tickets for all other events hosted in the stadium

Donation Requirements

$250 donation per seat Does not include the ticket

$50 deposit for each seat - Double priority points for full payment by December 31, 2010

If you pay up front by May 6, 2011, up to a five-year term, your seat will be locked in for the term year you choose. Upfront payments per seat would be as followed:

◦Five-year- $1,250; four-year - $1,000; three-year - $750; two-year - $500

If you itemize, you may be able to deduct 80% of your annual donation for club seats as a charitable contribution on your federal income tax return, thus reducing your tax liability by an amount equal to 80% of your marginal tax rate IRS Tax Code 170(1). Consult your tax adviser regarding your situation.

Reserving Priority Club Seats

Complete a commitment letter for priority club seats and return with the appropriate reservation deposit as soon as possible. A nonrefundable, per-seat reservation deposit of $50 will be required to apply for club seating. The $50 per-seat reservation deposit can be applied toward the first year's annual contribution.

If your application results in an assignment of club seats and you decide not to fulfill the first year's annual contribution, you will forfeit your deposit.

Assignment of Club Seats

Assignments will be based on the Owl Club priority point program.

Each person's priority point total will be ranked with those of other club seat applicants in descending order to determine availability and assign location preferences and specific locations. Group seating requests can be accommodated. If you desire to sit with another club seat patron, please note the "sit with" request. Your priority point totals will be averaged to determine your ranking for assignments.

Edited by stebo
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I asked for a new stadium.

Lots of people did.

Still, there is no entitlement to new stadiums for universities. Even though the students (must have been the rich ones that passed this...yeah, yeah I know that those that voted won't be here to pay for it) come out of pocket for HALF, the rest has to be paid for in some manner. Stebo, you are screwed (if you move, lose your job, etc) only if you had no interest in helping to fund the stadium for which so many of us asked.

I am a notorious cheapskate. But when NT stepped up, I did too.

As an aside, I had every intention of splitting the cost of a suite with some friends. When the pricing came out, I realized it was out of my league. In fact, so are Green and White Club seats. I came in where I could afford it.

Most on this board are going through the same math I did to find where they can help, and how much seat they can afford. I am sure it is a sticker shock to those that wanted to stay in Fouts or wanted a new stadium but didn't want to pay any more for it.

The good news: if you buy ANY seat in the Palace Across the Street, your view will be better, and more comfortable, than ANY seat at Fouts.

GMG

• Upvote 4

Good post, that is exactly what I have been doing for the last few months (running the math, weighing the pros and cons, trying to see if there will be any of my GOOD friends up in club land, etc). When it comes down to it - I am going to do what my group of friends does... If they decide to pay up, I will pay up. If they decide to keep it real in the end zone, I will be there with them. The last thing that I want to do is watch the games without being able to high five my brothers and friends.

What's up with the negative one? Because I shared the FAU payment plans? Someone really is sensitive.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What's up with the negative one? Because I shared the FAU payment plans? Someone really is sensitive.

Because Steve, you can't come on here and voice a concern about anything? And if we get another Olympic Sized Swimming Pool some day that is a foot shorter than an Olympic Sized Swimming Pool, then I expect you to still shut up and pay up when I call you to up your Mean Green Club membership.

Don't you know these things by now?

Rick

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

I wish some people understood that the MGC Hospitality Deck was a poor man's solution to attempting to provide something close to what will be provided in the Club level in the new stadium. When the best you can offer between different contribution levels with the Deck is the number of people you can bring onto the Deck, it's not saying a lot.

Also, I don't think there are any programs of a comparable size to NT that offer such a thing (at such a low level of quality) as the Deck. What we will be getting with the Club level is how the real programs operate at a much higher price point. What will be available at the price point for the Green level is often the entry (our Silver) level at much bigger programs.

I'm actually surprised that all three levels only require a minimum $500 level donation to the MGC. I would have figured the Green/White/Silver levels would have required something along the lines of $2000/$1000/$500 minimum donation levels. After you get past the $12,500 x 2 ($25,000 one-time gift), $350 x 2 + $500 ($1,200/season) for Club level seats between the 35s is a steal.

If we want to act like one of the big boys, it's time to start paying for it. Enough with the caviar taste but wanting it on a tuna fish budget.

• Upvote 4

I wish some people understood that the MGC Hospitality Deck was a poor man's solution to attempting to provide something close to what will be provided in the Club level in the new stadium. When the best you can offer between different contribution levels with the Deck is the number of people you can bring onto the Deck, it's not saying a lot.

Also, I don't think there are any programs of a comparable size to NT that offer such a thing (at such a low level of quality) as the Deck. What we will be getting with the Club level is how the real programs operate at a much higher price point. What will be available at the price point for the Green level is often the entry (our Silver) level at much bigger programs.

I'm actually surprised that all three levels only require a minimum $500 level donation to the MGC. I would have figured the Green/White/Silver levels would have required something along the lines of $2000/$1000/$500 minimum donation levels. After you get past the $12,500 x 2 ($25,000 one-time gift), $350 x 2 + $500 ($1,200/season) for Club level seats between the 35s is a steal.

If we want to act like one of the big boys, it's time to start paying for it. Enough with the caviar taste but wanting it on a tuna fish budget.

I don't expect caviar. I expect something simple with a Texas twist that me and three others can afford, something like what has been served on the AC Center touchdown terrace off and on for the past 6 years during events there such as Mesquite-Smoked Brisket. After all, this is what so many of us have been waiting for ever since that structure was built. Now unless something changes it will be nothing but a nice fancy sun deck for crickets.

Rick

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I don't expect caviar. I expect something simple with a Texas twist that me and three others can afford, something like what has been served on the AC Center touchdown terrace off and on for the past 6 years during events there such as Mesquite-Smoked Brisket. After all, this is what so many of us have been waiting for ever since that structure was built. Now unless something changes it will be nothing but a nice fancy sun deck for crickets.

Rick

I looked at what some other programs offered. Tulsa has a pre-game meal that they serve. You have so many credits based on your donor level and once those are exhausted, you pay something like $12/person for the meal. I didn't look at TCU/SMU to see what they offer their lower level donor groups but perhaps they offer something similar pre-game.

From what I could tell, no one offers anything close to the Deck during a game. If we as a program have to hoist tents up somewhere like the end-zone to house some of our donors, regardless of their financial contribution, it makes us look cheap. That is the low scale (aka cheap) way to do things and it is time to step up to the level we want to be.

If we're going to offer some sort of meal, let's do it pre-game like some of the other programs do. That way we keep temporary structures out of the stadium/Athletic Center. We don't need something sitting in the end-zone that makes it look like we didn't properly plan out our 80 million dollar stadium.

I would expect that we will no longer be using the patio for events. The Club level or space under the West stands should be able to house what we need going forward.

• Upvote 1