Question For Lurking Isu Fans

Texas Stranger

Sorry if I talk about branding. I got degrees in marketing and graphic design from North Texas. So I'll continue to talk about it, since it's certainly relevant.

Yes, the reason you know the Nebraska brand is they've built over the years. North Texas has no national brand. And as such, now is the time to decide what brand you want to bring. NORTH TEXAS CHOSE the Mean Green, not the eagles, as the athletics brand. You can still get the eagle logo on the field, on random merchandise, etc. Nobody's saying you can't.

I'll take no logo over the eagle logo, and it looks bad on the helmet. I'll take the clawed "Mean Green" logo a thousand times over it.

And, more to the point, if Nebraska and Alabama can build branding with a script A and an upper case N, then surely we don't need an eagle on our helmets. Though I would argue also that some of the most successful brands in college football are built upon being unique. Cornhuskers, Longhorns, Badgers, Gators, Seminoles, Buckeyes, etc. About the only exception in the big boys is Trojans. Otherwise, you know what school all those teams belong to.

That is good branding talk- discussing the logo that we wanna roll with for aesthetic reasons more than "let's make sure they know it's north Texas so they don't confuse us" which, although an important part of the product, doesn't mean we have to go with an information dump on the side of the helmet.

I would dig a modified version of that helmet in conjunction with trying just the wings flowing backwards. Also....if we go white pants we need green stripes down the side and same thing applies to green pants. Check out this list (mind you it is Bleacher Report) and see the "top 25 uniforms" Uniforms of 2010

Pants like these:

New+York+Jets+v+Seattle+Seahawks+pChv7JNKCahl.jpg

Edited by All About UNT