Mwc May Add Another Member

Mean Green 93-98

Lets be honest if UNT cannot get into CUSA after 4 straight bowl games when CUSA is looking everywhere it can for members then there is no way they are getting an invite in their current state.

I see what you're saying here however, you have to look at the reason we missed out. Our facilities where crap....That has since been corrected and our facilities would now be one of the tops in CUSA. Every issue we had when we got passed over for CUSA has been corrected with the exception of baseball but I think that was a small part of it.

Yes SMU has money, we all know that....but money doesn't get people to decide to get out of their house and go to Ford Field.

You have to understand SMU will never ever be able to compete with UNT's numbers. If UNT listens to the people they have hired over the past few years, they are going to start to focus on Denton and Denton County. SMU can't do that. They're in Dallas and will always be behind UT, OU, TTech, etc.

The money increase and support increase has been growing since we were turned down for CUSA. We just haven't done it on the field. That is getting ready to be corrected with this next, huge hire. Combine a winning product with everything else UNT has done.

That is a dangerous combination and one that a team that hasn't been relevant since 1984 cannot compete with anymore. I'm sorry but it's true. Our best days are ahead of us. SMU's are behind them...

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 1

I am guessing that none of your 3 degrees was in sarcasm studies.

Unfortunately, the ability of some on the board to beat a dead horse would require advanced post-graduate studies in sarcasm in order to tell the difference. I must humble submit that I do not possess such training.

• Upvote 2

Wow, pretty pathetic how some people are putting down SMU and are sure we will be picked ahead of them for a MWC invite. I have no love for SMU, but go to the MWC board and all the talks about Texas teams revolves around Houston, SMU, and UTEP.

UNT is mentioned 1 time, be realistic and get your fan googles off. The MWC is looking to build with strong teams, not tap sleeping giants. we haven't been to a bowl in 6 years and have a terrible record. Don't sugar coat things.

UNT has a great facility coming and I hope that leads to success and a new home, but we have to show it on the field first. There is a chance we can get a MWC invite but it would most likely be that SMU turns the, down and they really want to keep a presence in the DFW area.

• Downvote 1

Much higher then UNT. SMU, Houston, and UTEP are easily there top 3 choices in no particular order. Tell me one reason why they would want UNT over SMU.

My guess is that we are a public institution with close to 40K students. Not to mention we are getting a new football stadium, have had very good success in mens basketball. I agree that SMU may be ahead of UNT right but the gap isn't as big as you may think. Frankly I think SMU and UNT is way far down the MWC's list that they can get better candidates than both of us.

LOL, not sure why you feel the need to come onto another schools message board and try to assert your "superiority" but you do realize that many people with your problem like to buy big expensive cars. You can try that or did you max out daddy's credit card?

Seriously the whole expensive cars, daddy's money BS is really old and stupid now. Our alums enjoy the fruits of life just as much as SMU's.