Fiu Spanking Troy

Mean Green 93-98

WKY was down 28-21 and drove the ball to the ASU 7 for a 1st and goal with less than a minute left. Jakes threw 3 straight incompletions, but got the TD on 4th down as time expired. Tied in OT.

EDIT: I initially posted that WKY had missed the XP, but that was an error I got from the ESPN website.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

Also, Western Kentucky is beating Arky State 14-7 in the 3rd.

Where is that thread that pointed out what needed to happen for UNT to win the Belt?

The best we could do in conference is 4-4. I believe the only way that could ever get a team a share of the title would be for all the teams in the conference finish 4-4. That would be wild, but not happening this year.

The best we could do in conference is 4-4. I believe the only way that could ever get a team a share of the title would be for all the teams in the conference finish 4-4. That would be wild, but not happening this year.

It is still possible that the Belt doesn't have a bowl eligible team. Not very likely--Troy would have to lose 4 straight games, counting today--but possible.

After DJ'ing a wedding near Commanche Peake, Granbury, and on my way home I listend to the Texas A&M/FIU game on the Aggie network. Albeit they got beat, it was easy to see that FIU would probably be the class of the SBC this year; but boy-howdy didn't Troy and the MUTS take a big fall this season? :blink:

The sad part of all this is still those early season injuries, but like ol' Dandy Don Meredith used to say on Monday Night Football years ago, "if 'ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas." :santa:

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

He never had even been a coordinator when they hired him as HC.

I still feel that his stints as offensive line coach at Miami and Rutgers were solid credentials. And, does anyone else here feel that OL coach may be one of the more important "position coach" jobs after what happened with us earlier this year?

Edited by eulessismore

I was thinking of using a sarcasm button there, but don't like those "emoticons".

Ah, sorry. Went over my head.

I still feel that his stints as offensive line coach at Miami and Rutgers were solid credentials.

Wait, are you being sarcastic or not?

I don't think those are terrible credentials or anything. But it pales next to Mike Canales' resume, and a lot of people around here don't think his credentials qualify him for serious consideration for the HC job at UNT.

Ah, sorry. Went over my head.

Wait, are you being sarcastic or not?

I don't think those are terrible credentials or anything. But it pales next to Mike Canales' resume, and a lot of people around here don't think his credentials qualify him for serious consideration for the HC job at UNT.

I definitely agree that those credentials are far less than those of canales; I guess I was hoping the sarcasm to come through. Still, Cristobal has some players, especially linemen, and has put together what I consider a good team at this point.