Recruiting Info?

Cooley

Roster players that will be gone:

Rusty Chiles..while non scholarship started several games,

Chris Davis

Jermaine Green

Lee Green

Unjel Masters

Does anyone know the status of Will Smith?

We have signed Calvin Watson 6=-5 swing man Houston Madison...I really don't expect him to contribute as a Freshman.

We have signed Mike Jones, 6-7 Foward, who had to sit out this year because of grades..does anyone know whether he is now elgible? If so, he could be a contributor...but will rusty after a year of non-player. If not elgible, we have another ship to offer.

We have a 6-9 transfer from LSU who is supposed to be a stud and elgible only for the spring semester...he should be a major help.

That leaves one ship to give unless Mike Jones doesn't make it.

We lose Chris and Jermaine who were our top two scorers.

I am seriously concerned about next year. We hopefully have Leonard Hopkins back again who was the only returnee averaging over 10 pts..and that around 12 pts.

Justin Barnett just not seem to stay healthy...has been injured his last two years of HS and now the first two years at NT.

Roniger and Jerome Rogers should be back at pt. guard...but neither are really scorers and Jerome had a bad year from outside IMHO.

Who is going to score...Tye Thompson or Ron Harris?

Really concerned. I believe JJ is a good BB man, but most of his recruits appear to be projects, or supporting players. Am I wrong? Certaintly not anyone in the top 20 or top 30 in Tex HS the last two years.

Returning scholarship players:

Post players:

Will Smith Sr

Mike DeGrate Sr

Justin Barnett So

Ron Harris So

Wings:

Len Hopkins Jr (Has asked NCAA for a med-redshirt)

Ty Thomas So

Point guards:

Jerome Rogers Sr

Scott Roniger So (Has asked NCAA for a med-redshirt)

Returning walk-ons:

Adrian Awasom Jr

Antonio McKenzie Jr (4.0 student was unable to play this season because the classes he wanted to take were only available during BB practice time)

Signed new players

Shawon Johnson Jr? or Sr? (6-9 tranfer from LSU)

Mike Jones Jr (6-7 Teamate of DeGrate at McLennan CC. Out scored and out rebounded DeGrate. Made All-Region 5 team)

Calvin Watson Fr (6-3 to 6-5 in reports. Probably a wing player)

Two scholarships are left. According to Coach Brooks one will go to an experienced Juco point guard and the other will go the best available athlete NT is able to find.

Just looking at the roster leaves me with the belief that Harris, DeGrate and /or Mike Jones might get a chance to play wing next year.