A Few General Questions From Houston

houstonmeangreen

1. I think they are holding off until the economy improves. Nothing about moving forward has been announced yet.

2. I have not seen her, but her replacement is AWESOME!

3. According to the master plan, it will be demolished once the track stadium is built behind the tennis complex. Fouts and the area around it is supposed to be a parking lot, an opera house, a couple new dorms, and a parking garage across from the Super Pit.

• Upvote 1

1. I think they are holding off until the economy improves. Nothing about moving forward has been announced yet.

2. I have not seen her, but her replacement is AWESOME!

3. According to the master plan, it will be demolished once the track stadium is built behind the tennis complex. Fouts and the area around it is supposed to be a parking lot, an opera house, a couple new dorms, and a parking garage across from the Super Pit.

Opera House....I thought we already had this!

I have no problems with an opera house. We can't lose sight that UNT is a fine academic institution and is considered a top music school by many. My best friend's wife is doing grad school for opera @ Mannus in NYC since UNT's program hasn't elevated yet.

"Another" opera house? We would need to have one before we could worry about the manifold problems that come with having another.

im referring to the murchison building. if they build a new music building, i would be all for that, UNT is known as a music arts school. i just see big time dollars for that peice of real estate. your probably right though, its about time they added to the music department. we'll see though