Can Anyone Recap The Todd Dodge Show?

BIG DAWG

Let' see (bare with me, going off memory)

Coach Dodge spoke about the great atmosphere at Clemson. Away coaches have the choice of when they want to come out, 1st or 2nd (don't think i knew that). Dodge wanted his team to come out first to soak it all in.

He was proud of his team. They battled until the very end. He said the team was down on the bus after the game, they thought they had a chance to win. Film yesterday (or this morning?) was filled with a room fool of focused kids. He said they're confident but know they've got some things to work on. (I liked hearing that)

Clemson gained half their yards on 5 plays.

Lance showed his explosiveness. On the shuffle play late in the game, Georgio thought he was gone but got tripped up from behind. Dodge said that's only the 2nd time he's seen Lance get caught from behind. The other was against WKU and he "took some ribbing" on that one.

Dodge seemed pleased with our 3rd down conversions.

Offensive penalties and mental mistakes have to be corrected. He talked about the infamous celebration penalty. Talked about being unselfish and they've talked about it all offseason. Players don't need to "bring glory to themselves." (Thank you Dodge for saying that) He put them in a bad position. Even though its up to the defense to get a stop, giving a team like Clemson the ball on the 50 is not good.

Injuries: Ford may be back. Bennie Jones will not be. The kid worked hard and earned a scholarship.....Dodge was disappointed for him. Bragged on Lippo stepping up when J.J. Johnston went out. (I don't remember but I believe he expects him to be back Saturday.

Um......

That's all I can muster right now...

• Upvote 3

OH.

Talked about how important it is this year to get James Hamilton touches. He's starting this year the way Dunbar did last season. They are going to make it a point to get Hamilton touches.

Needs Saturday's team intensity up 10-fold against Rice. Spoke about being humiliated 2 years ago. Expects a big crowd at Fouts.

Let' see (bare with me, going off memory)

Coach Dodge spoke about the great atmosphere at Clemson. Away coaches have the choice of when they want to come out, 1st or 2nd (don't think i knew that). Dodge wanted his team to come out first to soak it all in.

He was proud of his team. They battled until the very end. He said the team was down on the bus after the game, they thought they had a chance to win. Film yesterday (or this morning?) was filled with a room fool of focused kids. He said they're confident but know they've got some things to work on. (I liked hearing that)

Clemson gained half their yards on 5 plays.

Lance showed his explosiveness. On the shuffle play late in the game, Georgio thought he was gone but got tripped up from behind. Dodge said that's only the 2nd time he's seen Lance get caught from behind. The other was against WKU and he "took some ribbing" on that one.

Dodge seemed pleased with our 3rd down conversions.

Offensive penalties and mental mistakes have to be corrected. He talked about the infamous celebration penalty. Talked about being unselfish and they've talked about it all offseason. Players don't need to "bring glory to themselves." (Thank you Dodge for saying that) He put them in a bad position. Even though its up to the defense to get a stop, giving a team like Clemson the ball on the 50 is not good.

Injuries: Ford may be back. Bennie Jones will not be. The kid worked hard and earned a scholarship.....Dodge was disappointed for him. Bragged on Lippo stepping up when J.J. Johnston went out. (I don't remember but I believe he expects him to be back Saturday.

Um......

That's all I can muster right now...

Ford will Hurt. Bennie Jones looked B.A. for the time he was out there... Wish we could have seen more of him. Didn't notice a difference in play from Johnston to Leppo myself. I guess that's a good thing?

Thanks for the recap too.

Edited by MeanMag