Utsa's Larry Coker Says Utsa Football Is Raring To Go

gangrene

Can we have a Georgia State and UTSA W-L blog. Both have good non-high school coaches who will when more games in two years with new programs, than UNT has won in 4 years.

when more games?

About two weeks from today...

:lol:

I love how this one simmered all afternoon, as if in a crockpot, until just the right time.

Congratulations to the 3 of you on this spectacular display of comedy. It was truly beautiful. :cry:

Umm, how are we in a wait and see mode? We just hired a consultant that was a founding father of CUSA. We have built our stadium. We are doing EVERYTHING to walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

The wait and see mode is in regards to conference realignment. In my opinion NT's name needs to be out there and in the mix with all the other schools being mentioned. I don't think the waiting and see mode for a magical CUSA invite is the best strategy.

• Upvote 1

Umm, how are we in a wait and see mode? We just hired a consultant that was a founding father of CUSA. We have built our stadium. We are doing EVERYTHING to walk the walk and not just talk the talk.

i would like to see a little talk the talk from us. it lets outsiders know we have a direction and not just waiting for true love to show up at our door.

i would like to see a little talk the talk from us. it lets outsiders know we have a direction and not just waiting for true love to show up at our door.

That way 10 other forums could post in on their boards and talk about how crazy our AD and coach are! Maybe we could tell people to Eagle up, then not live up to expectations while other people mock it.

If we walk those first steps we put in place over the summer, the talk will take care of its self. That's why the Gary Patterson model of patient bravado appeals to me.

Dog him all you want, but Schnellly used the same shtick when he was freshly hired, frothing about FAU and we've yet to beat that start-up program. Sometimes baseless bravado works.

I get what you're saying, but in reality what has that really gotten FAU? Schnelly lives off of his past, which is why FAU hired him in the first place & I get that. But really, who out there has a truly enhanced sense of FAU athletics & the University in general. Answer...no one. They are improving just like a majority of the Belt, but perception wise, they've still got a long way to go & nothing that Schnelly says is gonna change that. Only consistent winning accomplishes that. Same statement can be made for every team in the Belt including us.