Kick-Off Cookout And 5K

KRAM1

In my opinion it went GREAT! The weather cooperated with a slight breeze for the 5K event, and while the course was a bit hilly for this "old guys" liking, it was a good run. I actually ran the whole course when I had not planned to do so in part because the weather was decent. The scrimmage, while the offense did have its struggles, showed (again in my opinion) that UNT will be a much different and better team this season. We, Denton Chapter of the UNT Alumni Assoc., had a decent opening sales day with several Mean Green fans stopping by our table to purchase T-Shirts, mugs and/or posters honoring the last year at Fouts Field. Got a chance to talk with several players parents (got some interesting insights), RV, and many of the Athletic dept. staff including Hank D., Dan Johnston, Jon Burkett, etc., etc., etc. Several of the UNT Volleyball squad members were there helping and it was good to chat with them. Food was good and crowd was decent. And, got to pick up our season tickets and parking passes.

Also, hope everyone noticed that the great Johnny Quinn was in attendance and ran the 5K as well.

All in all, a really fun time....I hope everyone who attended enjoyed the day as much as my bride and I did....

GO MEAN GREEN!

Edited by KRAM1

Also, hope everyone noticed that the great Johnny Quinn was in attendance and ran the 5K as well.

We noticed...

med_gallery_3776_2_748848.jpg

I had a great time with my boys. The weather felt a lot better than we were expecting. My boys gave up mid-way through the 1 mile fun run and we wen't back and watched the rest of the scrimmage. It acutally felt cool in the shade of the score board in the south end zone. There was a pretty strong breeze all morning. The kids really enjoyed getting player autographs. There were about 25 to 30 players signing. We have a great group of young men playing for the team. They were very friendly and polite to the kids. I remember especially being impressed with Esteban Santiago and how much he seemed to enjoy the kids. The bounce house was a big hit too, as usual. I really appreciate the work the AD put into this.