Something "Just For Fun"?

Seems like you can't bench him and you can't just cover up the problem, either? We need creative solutions and fast, before he sinks a great franchise with his bad habits and poor work ethic.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally something we agree on.

Lay off. He hasn't had much to bitch about lately with the Rangers and the schedule doesn't pick up for a few more weeks. Once he has his usual outlet, he'll be fine.

Lay off. He hasn't had much to bitch about lately with the Rangers and the schedule doesn't pick up for a few more weeks. Once he has his usual outlet, he'll be fine.

To be fair... We've all been a little testy lately, too.

Other than the one exception a week and a half ago, it's been historically significant how quiet things have been. Nobody has their usual vent, and the tension is passing us by.

• Upvote 1

So unfair. I actually posted how sad it was that the ranger thread was so quiet, considering their good fortune.

This place would be boring if everyone just sat around and agreed with each other.

That said, i'm right and you are wrong, sir. And if you need proof of my greatness, simply refer to my prognostication superiority during the sun belt bball tournament (you knew I would eventually break that tree trunk out)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So unfair. I actually posted how sad it was that the ranger thread was so quiet, considering their good fortune.

This place would be boring if everyone just sat around and agreed with each other.

That said, i'm right and you are wrong, sir. And if you need proof of my greatness, simply refer to my prognostication superiority during the sun belt bball tournament (you knew I would eventually break that tree trunk out)

I agree - and I love our friendly ying/yang situation. I get to rejoice now, and you'll probably have your moment when we play the Yankees and Red Sox over and over again after the All Star break. It's 162 games...plenty of ebbs, flows and co-douchery to come.

To be fair... We've all been a little testy lately, too.

Other than the one exception a week and a half ago, it's been historically significant how quiet things have been. Nobody has their usual vent, and the tension is passing us by.

This message board started to take a down-turn when they did the big format change. Just my opinion. Something about it makes me not want to fly by it as much....that along with KRAM and UNT90.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

This message board started to take a down-turn when they did the big format change. Just my opinion. Something about it makes me not want to fly by it as much....that along with KRAM and UNT90.

Truth be told, we are probably the reason you still stop by. It would make me sad to think that such a fine young American only wanted to hear from people who thought exactly like he did.

But, like America, this message board was here long before you and I, and will be here long after we are gone.

Edited by UNT90

Number 1...No posts from me in this thread up to this point.

Number 2...Wow

Number 3...I have no problem at all being grouped with UNT90. He made the effort to help with the GMG.com Bowl 7, donated to the scholarship fund, set up his grill and shared his great eats with anyone and everyone, played in the game and even brought his significant other to the game to take photos of it all. Also buys season tickets, attends games and supports UNT with his money and his time.

Number 4...didn't see you helping or joining in at all...not even a donation to the scholarship fund as several others found a way to make happen who couldn't make it to the game.

So, want to put me in there with UNT90...great. I'll see that as an honor as UNT90 actually does more than talk a good game. I don't have to agree with every posts he makes to know he is a great member of the Mean Green nation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Number 1...No posts from me in this thread up to this point.

Number 2...Wow

Number 3...I have no problem at all being grouped with UNT90. He made the effort to help with the GMG.com Bowl 7, donated to the scholarship fund, set up his grill and shared his great eats with anyone and everyone, played in the game and even brought his significant other to the game to take photos of it all. Also buys season tickets, attends games and supports UNT with his money and his time.

Number 4...didn't see you helping or joining in at all...not even a donation to the scholarship fund as several others found a way to make happen who couldn't make it to the game.

So, want to put me in there with UNT90...great. I'll see that as an honor as UNT90 actually does more than talk a good game. I don't have to agree with every posts he makes to know he is a great member of the Mean Green nation.

Its always nice to be reminded that KRAM knows exactly how good of fans we all are.... based on monetary donations and attendance to games he schedules against UNT's graduation.

Since everyone's circumstances are identical, his parameters are flawless!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Its always nice to be reminded that KRAM knows exactly how good of fans we all are.... based on monetary donations and attendance to games he schedules against UNT's graduation.

Since everyone's circumstances are identical, his parameters are flawless!

And the whine continues. Amazing how the turnout for the game was excellent including our "celeb players", and that donations exceeded all past year games even due to its being scheduled against graduation. You seem to forget that I did not pick the day for the game...convenient memory loss for sure...it was the result of a vote of the participants.

Get over it. You were not the only person who had a conflict that day, yet you are the only one who continues to whine and whine about it. I get it, you couldn't play, you had a conflict. Your high and continued whine reminds me of the Florida vote in a not too long ago election. The election was held, your date lost by a wide margin. Sorry, It happens. So, go ahead and give me your schedule now for next year so I can schedule it 100% around your schedule. I am sure you'll become a title sponsor as a result.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Easy everyone. It's all in good fun. I didn't take what Bass wrote seriously (I mean, how can you take anything that a guy writes seriously when he can't even look up a team record for most strikeouts in a game, or fawns over a guy with one major league start like he is the next Nolan Ryan).

I hope he takes a lot of what I write with a grain of salt. If not, who really cares?

Back to the Strasburg topic, I think it is just a generational difference. These young whippersnappers are so used to having everything right here and right now, they want their "superstars" the same way. It seems like a recipe for disappointment to me, but, hey, have at it.

I could understand it if Bass and the like were Washington fans. That would make complete sense. But they aren't, and that doesn't.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Look, we all know KRAM is great and does more before 8 a.m. than most fans do in a lifetime.

Can we focus on how Norm seems a bit testy whenever Mr. Bass overpraises Strasburg and keeps mentioning his tailor-made pitching schedule during his debut?

EDIT: I called him Stanton. Eff me.

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Aren't we overthinking this? Isn't the entire Bass-90 argument based on a differing definition of the word "Superstar"???

90 thinks it's earned over time and related to play and track record, Bass thinks it's based on public interest, magnitude, aura, etc... I agree with Bass (ex: LeBron was a superstar in his first NBA game. Strasburg leads sportscenter when he coughs, sells jerseys faster than they can print them, and has had the best 3-start debut ever = superstar), but that doesn't mean 90 is remotely wrong. It's semantics.

That's like saying who is a bigger superstar, Roy Oswalt or Strasburg? One has had the wonderful career, great record, solid guy, postseason appearances, etc.... the other dominates in butts-in-seats, public interest, posters in kids' rooms, media coverage, etc.... you could say either and be right - it just depends on what "superstar" means to you. To me, it's a term rooted in celebrity. To others, it's rooted in performance.... six on one hand, half a dozen on the other.

We're having fun here, no? Let's all hug!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Aren't we overthinking this? Isn't the entire Bass-90 argument based on a differing definition of the word "Superstar"???

90 thinks it's earned over time and related to play and track record, Bass thinks it's based on public interest, magnitude, aura, etc... I agree with Bass (ex: LeBron was a superstar in his first NBA game. Strasburg leads sportscenter when he coughs, sells jerseys faster than they can print them, and has had the best 3-start debut ever = superstar), but that doesn't mean 90 is remotely wrong. It's semantics.

That's like saying who is a bigger superstar, Roy Oswalt or Strasburg? One has had the wonderful career, great record, solid guy, postseason appearances, etc.... the other dominates in butts-in-seats, public interest, posters in kids' rooms, media coverage, etc.... you could say either and be right - it just depends on what "superstar" means to you. To me, it's a term rooted in celebrity. To others, it's rooted in performance.... six on one hand, half a dozen on the other.

We're having fun here, no? Let's all hug!

Maybe your right, but it my book, that makes you a celebrity, not a superstar. Superstar to me means performance plus everything you said for the other side over time. Both, over time.