Stadum Expansion

Stopped by a few minutes ago to look at the site. I saw the brick facade samples. There were several choices, but two basic types - concrete blocks with speckled finished surfaces (ugly) and real brick in earth tones (nice).

Edited by UNTflyer

If these stadium expansion plans are at the AC, it would be great if someone in Denton could post a pic or scan of the plans for us to see....thanks in advance.

I don't believe that genre of information needs to be leaked out to the public prior to the first phase of the stadium being completed.

I don't believe that genre of information needs to be leaked out to the public prior to the first phase of the stadium being completed.

RV mentioned last year that the new stadium was being designed/built with future expansion possible to 50K. He didn't say if exact plans existed; I imagine preliminary ones would but not exact. The new stadium has changed several times since inception. He did say as mentioned expansion would involve an upper deck on the student side and I believe the wing would be replaced with seating to complete an upper level bowl to match the existing sideline levels.

I just heard that we were building an additional 20K seats for this new stadium. As part of the package we are borrowing an additional 20K people from the DFW area to fill those seats so it doesn't look so ridiculous.

I agree. Lets first worry about getting more than 10k people to come watch the games in November.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"I don't believe that genre of information needs to be leaked out to the public". Sorry, I just didn't know this was TOP SECRET info....but I suppose we do need to protect our place at the top of the food chain.

• Upvote 1

I just heard that we were building an additional 20K seats for this new stadium. As part of the package we are borrowing an additional 20K people from the DFW area to fill those seats so it doesn't look so ridiculous.

So having an interest in what the design is equals me wanting to expand the stadium now...really...why would I want to do that....expanding the stadium for one of the worse teams in college football, in one of the worse conferences in college football just doesn't make sense...does it....much like your post.

• Upvote 1