Tennis Live Scoring In The Tourney

CMJ

At least game wise (Baylor doesn't have the breakdown in individual games, but we will see how the sets are coming along).

http://www.baylorbears.com/sports/w-tennis/10_ncaa_scoring.html#first

Edited by CMJ

Paula Dinuta takes the 2nd set(6-2) after losing the opener(1-6). That's big for us. Most of the matches appear to be real struggles out there except in the #1 spot where Madura Ranganathan has her hands full.

If Madura goes down (which appears likely) we need to sweep all the rest of the matches to advance.

Amazing how exciting watching the live scoring is. Girls seem to be really fighting it out.

If we had game by game scoring, it'd really be nerve wracking. I remember following Wimbledon on the computer before from work and when all you see is a 30-15 flash to a 30 all in a game, and you have NO CLUE what is happening point by point -- that is torture. :)

All three of the matches are now in the 3rd set. Paula Dinuta is down 4-3 in her match. I can't figure out if she's on serve or down a break --- which is a HUGE difference. Hoping they're on serve.

EDIT: Probably were on serve as it just flipped to 4-4(if not and she got a break at that stage -- even more impressive). This is good stuff

Edited by CMJ

I don't mean to shortchange Irina or Barbora, who are both in huge struggles right now. But this Dinuta match appears to be something else. Paula just went up 6-5 in the 3rd set. Hoping it doesn't goto a tiebreaker. Talk about hellish not knowing what's going on. :lol:

Irina Paschiv is defeated (5-7, 6-3, 6-0). If I recall it was 3-3 in the second set, so I'm guessing that her opponent raised her game, or Irina was physically exhausted midway thru the set -- which allowed the Tulsa player to pull away convincingly at the end.

Tulsa clinches the match 4-2

Edited by CMJ

I'll have to go back thru our record this year, but it seems like doubles hurt us a few times. I wonder if we should try different combinations of players together? It could just be we're not great at doubles (I never liked playing doubles, so I can understand that!) -- it just puts a ton of pressure on our singles.

Great effort by the ladies. Right before Paula took her match, I was really starting think we might win that thing. Unfortunately by the time she did, the writing was on the wall that Irina was probably done.

Edited by CMJ

Good run for the ladies of the Mean Green. I think the future looks bright for tennis at UNT. The team and school and fans should all be proud of this program. I see a run deeper into the NCAA's next year. Well done ladies!